John Frieda Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo Reviews
#29 in Shampoo

Gradually blends away first greys into brunette tones.

Formulated with coffee extract and GreyBlend ™ technology, Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo gradually blends away first greys by infusing warm brunette tones into grey strands for a naturally blended brunette look.

HOW TO USE: Apply liberally throughout wet hair.  Lather.  Leave on at least 3-5 minutes for the first use.  Leave on up to 3 minutes for each subsequent use. Rinse well. To tame and blend away wiry greys, follow with Defy Grey conditioner. For optimal grey blending results, finish with Defy Grey foam.

2.0/5

November 07, 2019
    Doncaster, United Kingdom

Not the best product

I'm a big fan of john freida so was looking forward to trying this product unfortunately I was not impressed. When I first used the product as directed it left my hair dry and it was knotted up when brushing through. It also stained my hands slightly. Once dried I couldnt see any difference.
    Tried again with the conditioner and my hair was softer but yet again once dried couldnt see any difference. Third time lucky.... nope still no difference. I also felt it left my hair feeling like it had some product on it.
    Not impressed at all I'm afraid

0.7/5

November 07, 2019
    England, United Kingdom

awfull product

I don't recommend this product, because I start lose a lot hairs from use it :/ they're was darker, but my bath was darker too :/ just texture and smell is nice

Glasgow City, United Kingdom

AMAZING

I was sceptical to try this product, I have a few stubborn grey hairs around my face that at the age of 26 I’m very self conscious about. I need to get my hair dyed every 5 weeks or so but I don’t think that’ll be required anymore. This product covered them up so well. There product lathers well, smells delightful and is easy to apply. Leaving it on for 3 minutes for maximum effect is so worth it. My hair since using it has been such a nice colour with a lovely shine! There’s no issues with the colour running when it accidentally gets wet in the rain. I will be stocking up on this, well worth anything less than £5 a bottle.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

Great shampoo covers greys

A shampoo that covers greys! Why has this only just been released! Lovely smell, love the texture, smooths hair covers greys, love how it leaves your hair silky, smooth and shiny. I will be purchasing some more, handy for taking on holiday as an emergency. I like the packaging too bright and eye catching all round good product

Glasgow City, United Kingdom

Good for keeping your brown hair like new dyed colour

Love, buying not for the first time. I dye my hair medium brown /dark brown. With this shampoo my hair feels washed and at the same time I get more colour pigmentation. After wash you see more shinier, healthier hair and don't have to dye your hair so much. It helps to keep up the colour. Recomend to try if you need to dye your hair often lik 2weeks approx of dyed hair.

North Ayrshire, United Kingdom

Great shampoo for greys

I loved this shampoo aswell I'm glad I tried it along with the conditioner. It's like dying your hair without all the hastle and mess ! I will definitely be buying this in the future and would recommend to anyone who dyes Thier hair for greys. It adds lovely rich brunette tones , lots of shine and leaves the hair smooth and manageable.

#gotitfree

Darlington, United Kingdom

Hair squeaky clean!

Since trying this shampoo I feel like my hair is looking healthier and shinier on a daily basis, and greys around my temples are less noticeable.
    I’ve always used it alongside the conditioner from the same range so would also recommend using that product to really help with the effectiveness. It smells really nice too!

Lewisham, United Kingdom

What a brilliant and innovative idea!

John Frieda is well know brand that you know you can trust. I was thoroughly excited to give the GreyBlend technology a try and I knew I will not be disappointed! Can I say whoever came up with this idea is a sheer genius! Instead of having to go to hair saloons or use DIY/home-kits to dye your hair and hide those pesky grey hairs, John Frieda invented a whole shampoo-conditioner-foam seat that allows you to easily and gradually blend the unwelcome signs of ageing. This shampoo is highly effective and what pleases me most was that it doesn't dry your hair like most others do. The texture was more liquidy, it has a nice deep brown colour with slight shine/glitter to it. I wasn't able to detect the coffee scent but it smells very nice, very flowery and after washing the hair had the nice lingering aroma on. At first I was a little wary whether the shampoo would leave any colouring residue but immediately after applying on hair and few gentle massages, the shampoo created lovely, white and foamy waves and after rinsing out there was not a single brown spot or hue left in he shower. I like the concept of restoring brunette hair while you simply just wash them with this shampoo and there is no need to dying them, a treatment that can cause certain damage to them. The blending is very subtle but it does work and the effect is quite impressive!

Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Bye bye stray greys

The shampoo smells absolutely delicious! Was a little bit worried at first as my hair is dark brown at the roots then dyed an orangey red at the mid lengths and ends so did worry about the colour being affected. Fear not! The shampoo did not affect the colour of my dyed hair in any way shape or form! Hallelujah! A quick fix to those greys at the roots without ruining the hard work I’d put into the rest of my hair! The shampoo lathers up really well and smells gorgeous! A little does go a long way although I have really thick hair so did use a little extra. Doesn’t leave hair dry or greasy. And it has 100% made a difference after the first use! I will be buying this in the future! #gotitfree

Bristol, United Kingdom

The best shampoo

I love this shampoo it’s made my hair feel the best it has in ages, light, shiny and grease free complimented with the conditioner and the blow dry foam, I promise you will find it hard to find any grey hair. I highly recommend this shampoo #Gotitfree