John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour Reviews

4.1/5
Ranked #2 out of 331 in Hair Colour

Precision Foam Colour is the first ever premium permanent home hair colour that uses foam technology to deliver salon-quality results at home. With 20 flattering shades to choose from, achieving flawless, natural-looking results at home has never been quicker or easier.

March 22, 2017

My natural hair color is medium brown, but I've been everything from a reddish brunette to a platinum bleach blonde. Most recently I had blonde highlights on my natural medium brown color, but I wanted a change. I decided to go dark. I chose this product, specifically shade 4BG Dark Chocolate Brown. I'm absolutely thrilled with my results!! I found the foam to be much easier to use than the normal hair dyes I've tried in the past. And the scent of this stuff, amazing! I loved how my hair turned out. The color was rich and right on what it was supposed to be, and my hair actually felt better after I colored it! It was so silly and soft and smelled great. I was very impressed with this product! Anytime I plan on coloring in the future, I'll definitely buy this brand! I love all the John Frieda products I've tried, and this one didn't disappoint either!!

2.2/5

January 14, 2017

I wasn't a fan of this hair colour. I bought it since John Frieda is usually great quality, but this dye just didn't do the trick. The foam was easy to put on my hair, but I didn't feel it coated it as fully as a normal creme dye, It also made me hair very brassy. I just was not impressed and never bought it again.

January 14, 2017

I recently tried this product and it was so easy to use. Foam is definitely less messy and gives more coverage. I will definitely be buying this again in the future

November 16, 2016

Usually I use a different product; however, this time a friend convinced me to try this "for a change". She was right. It was easy to apply and provided the results for which I was seeking. I'm happy she steered me towards trying something new.

1.7/5

October 25, 2016

Today after extensive research, (reading reviews, watching online how to apply), etc. I decided to purchase and use the John Frieda Precision Foam color. I am not an individual who usually buys supermarket hair colors as I have mixed and colored my own hair for so many yrs (brand name professional permanent hair color /and developer 6%/20vol).

I carefully read the instructions provided about how to mix and apply John Frieda 5R Precision Foam color. This color wa s mixed as described, applied, however, I found it did not stay on my hair as a foam cover or as indicated on the instructions etc. Instead, I noted my hair became a wet mass on stingy pieces and needed to be covered in a hair net during the developing time.

I am very disappointed with this product as I am an individual who makes informative well-read and researched decisions especially with hair colors / care.

September 10, 2016

I liked this hair colour. It comes in a really nice shade of dark brown that leaves my hair feeling shiny and smooth. I also really liked the fact that in came in a foam- much easier to use! Also, I didn't mind the smell of this one!

July 15, 2016

While I loved that this was easy to use, much easier than messy, drippy others, it did not cover my greys at all. I left it a little longer as well and within one shampoo my stubborn greys (almost white) showed up again. The rest of my hair looked fabulous, the colour is rich and it made my hair feel shiny and silky. I would recommend to those that have stubborn greys not to use a really light ash blonde as I did, but darker shades perhaps.

July 15, 2016

Now this foam hair coloring kit is by far one of my all time favorite. I love the blue black one. it smells good kinda odd right. it's easy to apply and more of a complete coverage with out someone else having to help you.

June 06, 2016

Finally a hair colour in the form of a mouse. No drips, no mess and also a nice pleasant scent. Oh did I mention no burning scalp. I was super excited with this hair coloring so far and even left the dye on my hair longer for those stubborn greys. Unfortunately, I was still left with those greys.

April 20, 2016

This hair dye comes in a range of beautiful colors (I used Light Red Brown 6R) and to date is the most hassle free, best smelling and least drippy hair dye I've ever used. I love the foam, it's so much easier to apply than every other hair dye I've used.

So why isn't this product rated 5/5? For one simple reason. It doesn't cover grey or white hairs well. So frustrating. If they could fix that one tiny thing, I'd happily pay full price for this every time.