John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#17 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom

Funky colour shampoo

I have used John Frieda products before especially the frizz range so was excited to give this a go.
    The shampoo is an amazing dark smooth purple colour, you don't need loads to get a lovely lather.
    My hair had a good shine to it, and made my hair look highlighted where i have the odd grey.
    Would recommend to any of my blonde friends.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Wow, wow, wow

Firstly the smell is just incredible. Secondly the product is so effective, removes those brassy tones and it doesn’t dry your hair out like some purple shampoos. The smell though literally is the most amazing part of it! I am converted

Bristol, United Kingdom

bye bye brassy

wow smells lovely left my hair looking great and eliminated so much brass from the first wash, i bleached my roots they were slightly yellow helped tone it down.

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

Perfect toning shampoo

I would buy this again and again. The smell is great and my hair looked noticeably less brassy after just one use. I’ve already gone out and purchased the matching conditioner

Wiltshire, United Kingdom

Brightest blonde

I have used a number of violet shampoos and conditioners but often the pigment is not strong enough to really see a difference. This is THE difference! Brassy tones gone just lovely soft and fresh blonde! I would definitely recommend this for blondes/ grey hair.

United Kingdom

Took the brassiness out of my hair

This really worked for me. Took away all of the brassiness in my blonde. Had to leave it in for a while, however dont mind this. Found I used more than my usual brand to achieve desired outcome.

Nottingham, United Kingdom

Definitely worth trying!

I usually use John Frieda's Purple Sheer Blonde Shampoo & Conditioner, so was intrigued to find out how good this one was.
    It's the intensive purple shampoo and wow...Intensive is an understatement! This was so much brighter than the one I usually use so I will admit I was a little worried about it staining my light blonde hair as it's such a deeper brighter purple than the original.
    I shampooed my hair with it, massaging it into my hair fully. Easy to apply and easy to wash out, it smells sooo good!
    It did not stain as I was previously unsure about and my usual limp hair had volume for once in it's life!
    I let it dry naturally and it was perfect. My hair smelt amazing, looked brilliant and feels super soft!
    I have a sensitive scalp as well as sensitive skin and this shampoo left me pain and red free!
    Would definitely recommend for sensitive skin as well as bleached/dyed blonde hair!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

Great for blondes.

I love this for my blonde hair. I will now only use john frieda shampoo and conditioner. It feels like it is really cleansing as well as keeping my hair in good condition. After using this my hair looked light and healthy.

Torfaen County Borough, United Kingdom

Works well but a bit slimy

I've always used John Frieda products for my hair but had not tried this new range previously. It works quickly on my dyed light blonde hair to help get rid of the stubborn brassy tones that come through from the sun or from not dying it for a while. It takes just 3 minutes to leave it on and wash off and foams up well. It has a thick slimy consistency but this quickly turns to foamy shampoo bubbles once rubbed through hair.
    Beware, it does stain your scalp and nails/hands if you aren't washing it off quickly.
    I would recommend it to my blonde friends, as long as they don't mind getting a bit purple in the worthwhile process.

Norfolk, United Kingdom

Blonder than ever

#gotitfree

I have been using other John Frieda products for a while so I know the quality is great.

This shampoo doesn't make my hair greasy like some other shampoos and makes my hair smell lovely even the next day .
    I am a natural blonde and I think I will need to use it for longer to see proper results but even after a week my hair seems slightly lighter.
    The only fault I can see is that the bottle isn't bigger!