John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#26 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

November 15, 2019
    Lancashire, United Kingdom

Banish Brassiness

I've used a lot of John Frieda products so was interested to try this to see how it would help with brassy tones on my blonde hair. First off, it's a huge tube so will last for ages. The decadent purple shampoo feels rich and nourishing when using, and tones down brassy tones, leaving my hair with cooler ashy tones.

November 13, 2019
    Andalusia, Spain

It seems good!

I’m not sure if it worked on the first wash but after the second time using it, it seemed to have taken some brassiness away. The smell and texture was really lovely though! All in all, it’s a nice product!

3.2/5

November 09, 2019
    Rochdale, United Kingdom

Great texture and apperance

At first I used this as a standalone shampoo in place of my own but I felt it didn't clean my hair properly so the next time I sued it after washing my hair with my current shampoo and the results were a lot better. I can definitely notice a difference in my bleached hair and the violet pigment does adjust the sharper yellow tones. I really love the look of the liquid, a very shiny purple with an iridescent flick and the viscosity is perfect. Very pleasant smelling unlike some purple shampoos.

November 08, 2019
    United States

Wow

I love this product it got rid of my dirty brassy yellow tones and made highlights in my hair recommended to friends and family
    My hair was very soft and smelled lovely too I even goi to buy the conditioner for this too and will use continuously to see the real benefits of this

November 06, 2019
    Inverclyde, United Kingdom

Not as good as I was hoping

I likwd this product because you only need a small amount to have a good amount of lather on your hair.
    I found it didn't brighten my hair as much as I was expecting but overall it left it clean and soft

November 04, 2019
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I'm not loving this

I've only used this once, as the messy purple liquid just seemed to go everywhere while washing my hair, my nails were purple and my scalp was dyed I just couldn't get all the shampoo out

November 04, 2019
    Hillingdon, United Kingdom

Fabulously Invigorating

#gotitforfree The fabulously invigorating metallic lush purple that oozes out of the tube is brilliant. It makes me happy just looking at it. It makes me even happier after using for a little over a week. There was a noticeable difference to my hair's natural highlights after just two washes. I have completely untreated hair and am used to being in a sunny climate for most of the year. My hair goes a mousy flat brown in the winter months but this shampoo has made such a difference friends have commented and asked if I've died my hair!

November 03, 2019
    City and County of Swansea, United Kingdom

Not the best but not the worst.....

Ok, so, this wasn’t the first time I had used a shampoo for blonde hair....

The positives were - it smelt lovely, a lot of these shampoos have a really strong smell and are not nice to use.

My hair felt lovely and soft afterwards but didn’t feel like this for long after.

I don’t feel like it helped illuminate the brassiness of my hair so unfortunately I wouldn’t buy this again as I feel there at better products out there for this.

November 02, 2019
    Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

Perfect toning shampoo

I would buy this again and again. The smell is great and my hair looked noticeably less brassy after just one use. I’ve already gone out and purchased the matching conditioner

November 02, 2019
    United Kingdom

Took the brassiness out of my hair

This really worked for me. Took away all of the brassiness in my blonde. Had to leave it in for a while, however dont mind this. Found I used more than my usual brand to achieve desired outcome.