John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#17 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

July 15, 2021

My go too

I highlight my hair once a year and I find using this product has kept the brassy away. I live in the country so I have hard water and I can rely on this product to keep my highlights in good shape.i also use the conditioner

May 19, 2021
    New Brunswick, Canada

From purple to a gorgeous grey!

My hair was getting a yellowish tinge and after using Violet Crush product it took the brassiness away!! Now I use it once a week and love it! I will definitely be using this product in the future!

May 03, 2021

Great products

I used this product all summer during the pandemic to keep my hair nice and light! IT WORKED. I love how it subtly lightened my hair and made it always look sun kissed. The product is very purple so make sure to rinse throughly and use the products that are supposed to be used after the shampoo.

April 19, 2021
    Saskatchewan, Canada

The best purple shampoo

I've had white blonde hair for years and have tried many purple shampoos, this one is my favorite. It keeps my hair bright blonde, without drying it out or giving it that purple tint.

March 16, 2021

Great Product

March 15, 2021
    United Kingdom

Nice

Nice seria and so good product with good price for this quality. My family love John Freida products. We are happy to use them and leave reviews. Thank you

March 12, 2021
    Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom

This has become my go to shampoo. Yes it is expensive but you do get what you pay for. John Frieda knows what he’s doing. It has taken tons of the brassiness out of my home coloured hair, I think I will definitely keep using this

February 25, 2021

Knocks out brassy tones!

Violet Crush intense purple shampoo for blondes is one of the best purple shampoos I have ever used!

I love the fact that it can be used on coloured AND natural blonde hair. I personally have both, so I was really impressed that it did not darken or stain my natural blonde. Instead it enhanced and lightened my natural highlights. As for the dyed portion of my hair (bleached) it did an amazing job at getting rid of the brassy/yellow tone.
    Did I notice a difference after just one wash? Absolutely!! My hair was lighter, brighter, and there was no purple residue left in my hair or on my hands from washing. This shampoo improved the overall tone of my hair, while giving it a healthy looking shine and I highly recommend it.

February 24, 2021

Great purple shampoo

I love this purple shampoo! I love the smell of it, it smells so nice and summering, while not being too overpowering. The purple shampoo itself works great for toning blonde hair

February 17, 2021

Great purple shampoo

This is a must with blonde highlights/colour. This product keeps those blonde strands bright and keeps the brassy colour away. Keeps highlights looking fresh.