John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#20 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

January 22, 2020

Hair looks better

So I have blond hair but even more blond highlights and this brings the color out even more. Keeps it from going a yellow or orange color. I definitely will purchase this again. I use it on my daughter's as well and she loves it.

November 26, 2019
    Wolverhampton, United Kingdom

Forget diamonds

Perfect for my highlights!
    My hair looks bright and healthy.
    Love the colour and the texture.
    A must have for my bathroom display.
    Already recommended to my peers.

November 25, 2019
    Derbyshire, United Kingdom

Fab

This is a blonde girls best friend it removes all brassy tones leaving a gorgous blonde. Hair smooth smell is lush. Great for use with the conditioner. Really do rate this as ive bought fudge expensive yet this affordable range did a better job. Very impressed.

November 25, 2019
    Lisbon, Portugal

Gets rid of brassy blonde colour in a flash!

I love this shampoo. i have dyed blonde hair that is prone to brassiness. This really works to restore my cool blonde tresses. It's gentle and so very effective. A definite favourite and great value for money.

November 23, 2019
    United Kingdom

Love my hair

I am so impressed with john Frieda intensive shampoo, it has really brouht out my blonde hairvand it looks so healthy. I have had so many compliments.

November 22, 2019
    Barking and Dagenham, United Kingdom

Amazing

This is my favourite purple shampoo, it tones down brassy yellow/orange hair for a natural blonde look, it left my hair smooth and shiny and you only need a small amount

November 20, 2019
    Essex, United Kingdom

So smooth

Love this shampoo. Makes my hair feel amazingly smooth and more vibrant! Love that its purple and the smell is awesome too! Would recommend this product for anyone with light hair!

November 19, 2019
    Birmingham, United Kingdom

Works great and great value

I have naturally dark blond hair with an ombre so bleach from mid lengths to ends and often use a purple shampoo to tone between hairdresser visits.
    I've tried lots of purple shampoos with in the 'drug store' ranges and around the same price point as this John Freda one a d this hands down performs better than any of the other I have tried. I would say its as good or better than some of the more expensive types I've had.
    It leaves hair feeling clean and fresh and gave a really good toning effect that was noticeable for days, even after washing again with normal shampoo.
    Would highly recommend this product.

November 14, 2019
    Somerset, United Kingdom

Amazing shampoo

I loved this shampoo having my hair dyed blonde this keeps the blonde looking fresh and not that horrible orange colour. Was easy to use and not messy

November 14, 2019
    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Better then others I have tried

I’ve used a few different kinds of purple shampoo and I find most leave my hair with a purple tinge that I don’t like but this shampoo was different as there was no tinge left on my hair at all! It also removed the yellow/brassy tone from my hair 🙌🏻
    The shampoo it’s self has a really nice scent not as strong as I would of liked but still nice smelling and it makes a good form which made cleaning my hair easy.