Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce

Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce Reviews

Ranked #940 out of 2380 in Grocery

July 12, 2017

Perfect for cooking

This is my favorite soy sauce to use for cooking, it has a rich and bold flavour. Maybe not the best for all dishes as it is sometimes overpowering for certain foods, like sushi but Kikkoman has a soy sauce just for sushi and sashimi.
    I love that is is naturally and traditionally brewed from water, wheat, soybeans and salt but it is not too overly salty. 1 tsp of salt has 2,325mg of sodium compared to 307mg of sodium in 1 tsp of regular soy sauce and you could get even less if you opt of the less sodium version that has 192mg per tsp.

January 31, 2016

This is a strong flavoured soy sauce that works for certain dishes and cuisines. It is not meant for delicate foods or recipes that do not make soy sauce as a focal point, as it will overpower the dish with the brewed taste. Otherwise, the price is in line with other soy sauces. Not a chemical sauce, but a traditionally fermented one.

It was not my favorite, but I can see why it would be good for particular foods.

January 17, 2016

This is a staple in my house. I obviously love it for sushi (sushi restaurants are where I first tried it). I also like to add it to my own meat marinades, like terriaki. It's not overly salty, I don't find.