live clean professional healthy balance Reviews

Ranked #508 out of 1071 in Shampoo

April 12, 2017

I have really bad eczema on the scalp. I tried this shampoo and conditioner set after seeing it at the store and hoping that it would clear up my scalp or at least lessen the flakes. Unfortunately, after using it and stepping out of the shower i noticed red blotches on my back, neck, arms basically anywhere the soap suds and conditioner had touched my skin. I don't know what is in it that i am apparently allergic to. I then passed the bottles on to a family member who loved them and had no reaction, so at least they were used in the end.

March 28, 2017

I suffer from dandruff but I'm allergic to common dandruff shampoos like Head and Shoulders. I purchased this healthy balance shampoo to try and treat my scalp in a non-irritating way. I only shampoo my hair a couple of times a week, and I've only used it for a few weeks now but I've already noticed a difference! I have remarkably less dry/flakiness and less associated itching!

The shampoo smells wonderful (kind of tropical) and is free of artificial dyes. An added benefit is that it is 98% plant based, eco-friendly and SLS/Sulfate, Paraben, Phthalate, Phosphate and Petroleum Free! Great for colour treated hair!

It is more expensive than my previous drugstrore brand and comes in a smaller bottle, but for just over $8 I think it's worth it!

March 05, 2017

I have been using this product (shampoo and conditioner) for about a month now and I am very happy with it.
    I purchased it for $6.99/bottle at Shoppers Drug Mart. The bottles are 350 mL each.
    I quite like the look of the packaging - a nice, clean looking white bottle with dark blue print.
    The product has limited smell - nothing floral or fruity here! But I do detect a bit of peppermint. I have a very, very sensitive scalp and was very interested in trying SLS free shampoo and conditioner to see if it would help. It definitely seems to be helping - my scalp hasn't been itchy or sore since using this product.
    I wish that the conditioner was a little bit more moisturizing as I have very LONG hair and it doesn't provide quite enough moisture for my ends, but I have just been applying coconut oil to them pre-wash and it seems to help.

If you are looking for a natural hair product at a GREAT price then I highly recommend this duo. My scalp is sooo happy, and my hair feels good too! Plus...96% natural ingredients. I've had several miscarriages and I am really hoping that switching to more natural products helps me carry a pregnancy to term. Certainly can't hurt to remove as many chemicals/toxins from our lives as we can, right?!

Updated On: March 05, 2017

Edit: I forgot to mention that the shampoo lathers really, really well. A little bit goes a long way! The conditioner is the absolute opposite - it doesn't spread over the strands easily and requires a larger amount of product. So if you're purchasing - buy one bottle of shampoo and two of conditioner!

April 20, 2016

I switched to this shampoo and conditioner after using cheaper shampoos for years that contained many harmful chemicals. I was looking for a more natural alternative that didn't use SLS and parabens, but that also wasn't expensive. I have very long and thick hair so I go through shampoo pretty quick. Despite what some say, I actually didn't mind the smell of the product. It definitely isn't fruity and girly, but it is fresh and clean smelling. The product works well and has helped improve my scalp which was itchy and dry from all the chemicals I had been using in the past. Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to switch to a more natural shampoo without breaking the bank! I am now on my third bottle and loving this product as well as other products in the LiveClean line.

1.5/5

July 30, 2015

This shampoo and conditioner was awful. I have normal to oily hair, and this stuff made it weirdly greasy and dry at the same time. I used it tree times, then ran to the store to replace it with something else. Horrible.