LUSH Curly Wurly Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #835 out of 1102 in Shampoo

March 27, 2017

I was SO beyond excited to try this but it was a huge let down. I have very frizzy hair with natural curl and really wanted this product to work for me. It did everything but work. It made my hair more knotty, I got chunk of product leftover in it, and it did not accentuate my curls. Safe to say I returned this product. Im happy it works on so many others, but I just wish it worked on me :(

December 20, 2016

I bought this about eight months ago, YES EIGHT MONTHS lol and I just finished the whole container now I only was my hair about 4-5 times a month as I have trained my hair that way but this shampoo is amazing leaves my hair feeling so soft and so lucious I can't even deal with it. Going to buy so many more.

September 27, 2016

I have very curly hair that tends to get dry and very frizzy really quick. During the cold winter months especially. I tried this shampoo on a whim because I was desperate to have my proper curls back (my hair was so frizzy it barely curled!). I do not regret buying this! My hair has become much more healthy and is less dry. It's such a good shampoo in terms of moisture that it can be used during the summer without a conditioner!
    It was a pretty expensive purchase (around 30$) but the pot has enough shampoo for the year so it winds up being less expensive than other shampoos in the long term.

June 13, 2016

Although the price is a little steep, a little goes a long way -- I have short, thick hair with 3C curls, and I am just now finishing the container of it I purchased in December and have been using a my primary shampoo ever since.
    It really does do an amazing job hydrating and defining curls and combating frizz. It also smells great!
    My only warning is that although it does lather up eventually, I found that the best way to get a good lather is by breaking off a small piece and mixing it with water in my hands, similarly to how I use Lush face washes.

January 22, 2016

This amazing shampoo leaves my dry, curly, colour treated hair feeling so healthy! It adds moisture, bounce and shine. It also smells lovely! My only complaint is that it is quite pricey.

July 08, 2015

Note: I bought the coconut curly wurly shampoo. It's an beige-yellow and doesn't have anything other than coconut in the advertised ingredients (I don't mean the ingredient list). It's not with fruits or vanilla or anything
    This shampoo is probably one of the best I've bought in what seems like forever. It's animal friendly, made by hand, and very good quality. This shampoo is meant for people with curly hair and nourishes your hair to eliminate frizz. I've really noticed this. When I use this shampoo I only have to pair it with a conditioner on very dry days like in the middle of the winter. This was an absolute first for me. With other shampoos, even with conditioner my hair can get so frizzy it's practically not curly but slightly wavy and bushy (worse without pairing with conditioner). The shampoo smells nice while not being overpowering and seems to clean very well. It's a rather solid shampoo, almost like the consistency of not-so wet mud.
    The only issue I have with it is the price and the fact that I seemed to need a lot of it to work at the beginning. I have to be washing my hair for the second time for there to be any lather and therefore can only spread around my hair through lather the second wash. I have gotten used to the lack of lather though so I've gotten good at spreading it around my hair and scalp without it. Since then my usage of the shampoo per wash has reduced a lot. My hair was past my shoulders until a month ago when wet and it's been almost a year since buying ti. There is a fourth left and it will likely run out by the end of the year's time.
    When I bought the item for the first time it really felt like russian roulette. The tub was 30$ (more than I'd ever spent on a shampoo, especially one that seemed so small) and I hadn't found that many reviews about it. I bought it anyways because my hair was really dry and damaged and I was willing to try anything at that point. It was entirely worth it because it brought my hair back to life and I don't always need to use a conditioner with it. Another thing to note about this shampoo is that it has bits of coconut in it so I would recommend a hair trap to stop it from going down the drain and to really rinse out your hair to make sure it's out. Also to run your hair through a comb in the shower if it tends to get stuck in it.
    I would recommend this to anyone comfortable with spending this much on a shampoo. For anyone who isn't and tends to save on shampoo then I would really recommend it as a treatment for your hair over a normal shampoo. I'm the latter of the two. I will likely buy it again in the case that my hair gets worse again and because it did last a year but I will also likely start alternating between this and another shampoo to extend the life even more

February 08, 2015

This lush product gave my difficult Curley hair tons of bounce and shine! I love, loved this shampoo.

January 11, 2015

This is the only shampoo that I'll use with my hair. It doesn't lather up a lot, but makes my hair feel so good, and smells really wonderful.

November 05, 2014

I really like most LUSH products, but this shampoo just isn't cutting it for me. It smells SO good, but that's literally all I can say about it on a positive note. It has chucks of coconut in it that get stuck in my curls regardless of how long I stay in there to wash it out. I've even brought a brush into the shower to brush my hair while washing it and still found coconut in my hair after. I use it as a shaving "cream" now, to be honest.

August 06, 2014

I'm on my 3rd container of curly wurly. For me, this is probably the best shampoo I've found to help me get rid of the crazy frizz poof I have going on. I use it on my 3 year old daughter as well because she was cursed with the same hair as me. I don't mind the chunks of coconut because it almost feels like those do the cleaning for you, so you don't have to scrub your head or touch your hair too much.

Epsom Salts

Lay Salt and Vinager

Flaming hot Cheetos

lhucal added a new review for
    Kicking Horse Coffee

Hunty has posted in the forum topic
    How to lose a few pounds?

Yaasgirl added a new review for
    David's tea store

Playtex Sport Tampons

Yaasgirl has posted in the forum topic
    Want to be instagram friends?