Manic Panic Purple Haze hair dye Reviews
#311 in Hair Colour

1.5/5

December 15, 2017

Manic Malfunction is more like it...

Well, I had beautiful long light brown hair (before this product made me look like I escaped from a nursing home, lol). As instructed I lightened the portion of the hair I was to dye purple. At first it was like a Royal blue, then after the first tw washes, it practically all faded out, leaving a grey finge to my not so lovely locks. Not a fan of the salt n pepper look at age 17!!!

December 04, 2017

Good product. Lasts well, and not too messy.

I have tried many semipermanent dyes, and this is one of my favourites. I have naturally blonde hair, so I am lucky that I don't need to bleach before using these types of products. It stays on my hair well, even after several washes. If anything it doesn't really wash out good enough. The price is right considering how long it lasts. It's also a vegan product, which is a plus.

April 13, 2017

I absolutely love the color of purple this is out as. It does not last very long and washes to a silver like color. Leaves hair nice and soft and bouncy

July 16, 2016

I've used manic panic plenty of times on my hair, works absolutely amazing each time ! I've used blue lagoon , turquoise, purple , green , pink and the red. All have had amazing results. Long lasting if cared for properly ( minimal washing and use dry shampoo!) so satisfied with the colour over pre lightened hair!

March 07, 2016

Beautiful colour, almost no mstter what colour your real hair is! But i just love purple. I mean.. anybody who uses manic panic knows how messy it is and blah blah, but we all know its worth it :)

2.3/5

December 19, 2015

this product looks great for about 3 days after you rinse it out, and then prepare for the fading and washed out colour to inhabit your head for the next 3 months. it stays in your skin longer than your hair. the colour doesnt turn out how it would be expected, and this product just leaves all around disappointment

December 08, 2015

I decided to switch to semi permanent dyes from now on and was recommended this product as it is vegan and helps condition your hair. The colours are so pigmented! The price is a bit high though. The product is still on my hair weeks later but turned out darker than I expected and one jar wasn't enough for my full head of hair like expected. It made my hair feel and look so soft and healthy though. Next time I will try a brighter or lighter shade.

June 18, 2014

Tish & Snooky's Manic Panic is a wonderful semi-permanent hair dye. It's avaliable at Spencer's Gifts, or Hot Topic. I have used Purple Haze Color Cream in parts of my hair, not the whole, very often. I have also used Flaming and Shocking Blue. When I first started dying my hair, the Purple Haze worked wonders with color. Over the years, my hair has lost effectiveness with hair-dyes and purples do not stick as well. But with light, not overly-treated hair, this hair dye is amazing. It lasts weeks to months, though does have a tendency to dye skin as well ( just used gloves and/or dye brushes). This hair product is also vegan! Super bonus, to me. None of the procted have been tested on animals, and they come is many awesome, vibrant or dark colors.

February 10, 2013

This product goes on as a deep, grape-y purple and fades to a nice lavender kind of colour after a couple weeks. I really liked it for something to change up my look.