Murphy's Oil Soap Reviews

August 24, 2019
    Michigan, United States

Murphy’s oil soap

I have always liked Murphy’s oil soap. I especially like the spray bottle. I use it for all my furniture. I get a nice shine and smell to my furniture. It also makes my rooms smell fresh.

August 14, 2019

Nice but creates a build up over time

The first house my husband and I lived in was a 60 year old log cabin. I immediately sought “Murphy’s” and that’s what I used to clean the hardwood floors. It had a nice scent and did clean well, however after a few months of cleaning the floors a few times a week I noticed they looked dull. I know now that hardwood should not be cleaned with a lot of much water and not often - however during calving season and 6+ rancher walking over the floors, it was necessary. I later joined a house cleaners page on Facebook and many of the professional cleaners were strongly against Murphy’s. They claimed it built up over time and would have to be properly scrubbed and scrapped off later. I realized that’s when I ruined the floors. I spent a lot of time reversing all of my hard work. I have not used Murphy’s on anything other than floors, so I can’t complete the review, but as for floors, I did not like it for using all the time. Once in a blue moon it is definitely nice to use for a bit of conditioning!

July 18, 2019
    Prince Edward Island, Canada

Good

I work at a bar and we use this all the time to clean the bar top and surrounding wood areas. It smells nice and fresh while leaving the bar clean and shining. It has many different uses for this oil soap!

April 28, 2019

Works great

Murphy's Wood Oil Soap is something I typically use once or twice a year to deep clean and polish my cabinets. I spot clean weekly and thoroughly wipe them down monthly. I feel like if I use Murphy's too often, my cabinets might be left oily. However, when I do use this product, my cabinets have a nice sheen to them and they seem to look brighter and newer.

April 14, 2019
    Missouri, United States

My go to for my floors!

I first started using this when I was working as a housekeeper, and learned just how well this works with cleaning wood, and even better yet you can use it on your base boards, door frames, cabinets, counter tops; it's amazing all the uses for this soap! Oh, and you won't be able to get over the scent! Truly one of my go to items for cleaning!

March 29, 2019

I would but this product again,good product

Murphy's oil soap Is a good product for the price , Keeps my hard wood floors smelling and looking great. Murphy's oil soap can be used on many surfaces, I recommend you use a small spot with a small amount and for 2ood always go with the grain for best results

October 16, 2018

Amazing Stuff!

This stuff is great, but only for certain things. For vinyl or plastics I don't suggest it on, it is oil so.. It makes it oily but for granite, wood, etc it's amazing. I use this on my floors everytime I clean them, I have tile and wood floors. It smells great and it's not harmful to pets or kids. It's great for counter tops and wood tables, I have a wood kitchen table and a wood coffee table and this helps keep it fresh and oiled. I like it better than traditional wood oils.
    When I worked at a hotel we even got them to start using this for their desks and what not, the owner loved it. I definitely recommend!

October 02, 2018
    New York, United States

Beautiful floors

I am very pleased with this product. It makes my wood floors look new again. It is not to expensive and really works well. My floors have not been done in several years but this keeps my floors looking like they were just done.

October 02, 2018
    Washington, United States

Wonderful cleaner

I live this soap. Its not harmful for little ones so I use it to clean almost everything. Floors, table, countertop, high chair and everywhere else thats in reach of little hands. It smells great. Like lemons. Gives it a clean smell. It works amazing on sticky messes like syrup, glue and slime spills. It is my go to cleaner.

September 15, 2018

Shiny wood floor

I'm ocd. I love having clean house and my floor is made out of floating wood. Really nice wood dark oak. I add a very small small amount of that Murphy soap oil into a boiling water in mop bucket and pass mop on the floor. Let it dry. Wow the floor looks so brand new. I always get compliments of how my floor looks so nice when having guest over after having a clean house ( I have toddlers so my house gets messy everyday)