Neutrogena T-Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Reviews
#1101 in Shampoo

T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Extra Strength effectively controls the most resistant scalp conditions with twice the amount of active ingredient. This dermatologist-recommended formula contains Neutar, a patented ingredient that is proven to deliver effective scalp therapy for hours after the shampoo is rinsed out. Its rich, amber formula gently cleanses and the added conditioners leave hair manageable and soft.

August 16, 2019
    Haringey, United Kingdom

Good for dandruff flare ups

I use this when ever I get a dandruff flare up or my hair needs a detox, after using it a few times it does the job and I can go back to my normal shampoo, I use a few times a year and for an over the counter shampoo it does a very good job.

July 14, 2019
    Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

Itch Free.

I have been using this T-gel shampoo from Neutrogena for many years now. The other coal tar ones that you get on prescription from the doctor are much more stripping on the scalp. So have to buy this, but it gives good results.

July 10, 2019

Works well on my psoriasis

Finally a product that actually works on my psoriasis. Like with any tar shampoo it has an unpleasant odor. But well worth it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with dandruff or psoriasis.

July 03, 2019

Meh.

This shampoo will last forever because it's quite thick so you don't use much. As for dandruff control, I can't say it's very effective, and I've tried a number of products (none of them are all that good). What I really dislike is the smell of this shampoo. It's got a coal tar base, so it smells more like something you'd put in your car engine than on your head. And the smell doesn't go away when you rinse it out. Nor does the dandruff!

April 05, 2019

Amazing product for scalp psoriasis !

I have scalp psoriasis and depending on the time of year, I can have some pretty serious flare ups - this shampoo is my life saver - it completely soothes the itchiness and reduces redness !

May 28, 2018

Helps for Psoriasis!

Got this shampoo after I got rightfully diagnosed with Psoriasis and used it once a week. Effective and easy to use, though I should point out that the smell is very strong. I myself mix it with another shampoo in my palm as I gaged at first. Would recommend!

February 15, 2018

I use it to relieve itch and flakes

I have had psoriasis on my scalp since I was a child so you can trust me when I say I have tried all kinds of shampoos. I've tried ones prescribed to me by both a dermatologist and my family doctor and over-the-counter ones too. Lots of them smell funny or have such weird ingredients (like TAR) that the label warned that it could turn light coloured hair (which I have) a different shade. After trying a lot of shampoos and creams hoping that I could cure my psoriasis, I long ago came to terms with the fact that I will always have psoriasis and would only be able to treat the symptoms which, in my case, are itch and flakes. Neutrogena T-Gel is exactly what I need. It works so well that I only have to use it once a week, even during the dry winter months. The smell isn't a lovely fruity or coconutty smell but it is a lot better than other medicated shampoos I have tried. So if you have psoriasis on your scalp and you're wondering if you should bother with this shampoo, my answer is a resounding YES.

January 04, 2018

Quick fix for flakes

hairdresser recommended this for flakes over much more expensive or better advertised products. It worked really well and so fast. Saw major improvement after single use. Didn't dry my scalp either. And does it ever do a great job on making my hair silky smooth. Would recommend over any dandruff shampoo I have ever tried.

December 04, 2017

Works like a charm

I have eczema issues with my scalp sometimes and need to use special shampoo. I have tried Nizoral and Head and shoulders brands many times which eventually gives me the results I need. But with this shampoo I only need to use it once and poof my problems are gone. This is a must for people with problem scalps.

October 11, 2017

Dandruff no more!

If you have been struggling with a dry scalp this product is for you! Neutrogena T-Gel is the best product for your dry scalp. It is way better than any dandruff shampoo (yes better then head and shoulders). As soon as you start to lather your hair with it your scalp has this exciting tingly sensation. You can feel your scalp being able to "breath" again as the shampoo loosens all those dry flakes off your head. I only use it once a week and I never have to worry about wearing a black shirt again. Say bye bye to dandruff!