Paul Mitchell ColorCare Color Protect Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #917 out of 1150 in Shampoo

June 22, 2017

Love love love this product

I dye my hair alot.. blonde.. and products from the salons to protect colour treated hair always cost an arm and a leg.. tried this for a few months now, shampoo and conditioner and there is no evident brassiness or color deviation from my original

1.2/5

May 02, 2016

I had purchased this shampoo, along with the conditioner on sale at a local Rexall Drug store. After a few washes, l noticed no difference in my hair and found alot of build up. My hair had volume but felt greasy, weighed down and unmanageable. I'm sorry but my hair just did not look healthy or feel clean.

1.8/5

March 08, 2016

There was a sale on Paul Mitchell Litre Duo's and I've always wanted to try this high end shampoo brand that has been recommended a few times to me. At first I was a bit put off by the old lady smell but I needed to protect my investment (hair color). Two weeks later I can already feel major product build up on my hair. I tried putting my head right under the faucet to make sure I got every bit of conditioner out but my hair still felt icky once dry. I am very disappointed with this product.

March 28, 2015

I've been using this shampoo for over 4 years. It leaves my hair really soft and maintains the shine in my color for a very long time. It is pricy, but worth every penny

May 30, 2013

Nice affordable product. Not too heavy and doesnt have a bad scent. Good price.

April 16, 2012

I used it for the 1st time when my sister picked me up a gift kit with it in it. I had used Paul Mitchell back in the 80's so I was convinced to try it. On the first shampoo I noticed a difference in my hair, it was less frizzy, it didn't feel waxy like it did with my regular shampoo and I was able to comb through my hair with one application of the conditioner.

I will now buy the product regularly - goodbye lifeless, dull hair hello heaven!

October 21, 2011

I used the Paul Mitchell Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner for the first time during my trip to Maui this summer, and I had coloured my hair just before my trip. Ocean water is really damaging to skin and hair. I honestly should have taken a picture of my acrylic nails after spending a few days in Maui. The metallic finish on my acrylic nails were literally stripping off its colour! I've worn a lot of acrylic nails and the finish on my nails never fade - not to mention the colour being stripped off. I was really surprised by how much damage the salt water had done to my fake acrylic nails. Seeing what happened to my nails made me wonder how much colour would have been stripped off of my newly coloured hair if it weren't for this Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner. The colour of my hair did not fade from all of my snorkelling, scuba diving and jet skiing activities - all of which exposed me to a lot of salt water. I kept up with the shampoo and conditioner after my trip until they were finished and my hair colour held up extremely well. I really recommend the shampoo as well as the conditioner if maintaining your hair colour is important to you.

What's Your Favorite?