Proactiv Solution Kit Reviews

Ranked #6 out of 506 in Acne Treatment

Renew
This medicated Renewing Cleanser is made with new, exclusive micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide — featuring smaller, finer particles designed to quickly penetrate pores to start killing acne-causing bacteria on contact. Tiny exfoliating beads gently remove dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells to help keep pores from clogging.

Revitalize
This refreshing, alcohol-free toner helps remove impurities and excess oil so your skin looks and feels clean, soft and refreshed -- not tight and dried out. Soothing botanical agents gently balance your skin tone.

Repair
The repairing treatment is a feather-light medicated lotion that gets deep into clogged pores faster but is designed to be gentler on the skin. It's an oil-free formula that's safe for your entire face.

For more information, please visit http://www.proactiv.com.

May 16, 2017

I think I'm one of the few people proactive was meant for. I have extremely oily acne prone skin. After about two weeks of using it I found my skin was more even toned as well as I would get one small zit a month during my time of the month. I recently stopped using it and switched to something else and my skin has been breaking out like crazy. I will say it is very addictive to the skin but when using it, it works.

2.0/5

May 01, 2017

This didn't work at all for me . I have acne prone skin and have had it since I was 15 years old . When I was 20 I purchased this but it didn't help in any way . I was so saddened and disappointed. It irritated my skin and didn't help with the breakouts .

1.0/5

April 23, 2017

This product was great in my teen years and cleared up my skin nicely. However I lived somewhere where I couldn't get it in store and found I had to stop and start a few times. The more I used the product the less it worked. It actually ruined my skin. It has thinned it and it has become more sensitive to the point where I am now on a prescription because absolutely nothing will fix the issue. I didn't think anything of it until talking with others that had the same problems with proactiv.
    I even tried thier super expensive rodan and fields line and it didn't work at all and made my skin feel weird.
    I wouldn't waste your money. Find something less invasive

April 21, 2017

I've been using Proactiv for over 10 years. I do not use it daily or get a monthly delivery. My face acne is intermediate but also use it for acne under my breasts. The dermatologist told me that proactiv was better than any medicine she would prescribe and that if I was willing to buy Proactiv she would recommend it. And so I continue to use ot on breakouts and love how amazing and quick it is.

1.2/5

April 11, 2017

Acne is the bane of my existence.... and with the great reviews of Proactiv of course I jumped on the band wagon and had to try it out for my self. What a disappointment that was. The more I used this product the worse my skin got and they always say it gets worse before it gets better, so I continued using this product for a good two months. With Proactiv I had a hard time trying too figure out why it just wouldn't work for my skin. It would immediately burn and dry out my skin so much, that I was left with chemical burns on my face! After using the face cleanser I immediately had too put some type of lotion on as it dried out my skin so much. The toner was okay it had a cooling sensation too my skin. I did notice that the lotion really didn't help with my skin and my breakouts whatsoever. It actually if anything made my skin so much worse. The thing is with acne cleansers it will completely strip out everything in your skin and if you have sensitive skin like mine it made everything ten times worse for me. The smell was refreshing though. I had zero issues with that. Maybe if they had an option for sensitive skin this probably would have been a way better option for me. I know a lot of celebrities endorse this product and make it sound like the perfect solution too your acne problem but I wasn't a fan of this product. If you are looking for a product to help with breakouts and Ance prone skin, I would highly suggest not using Proactiv. The more I used this product I could feel a tingly sensation which of course I thought that meant it was working, but it was just burning my skin. Very very disappointed in Proactiv for the hype that it was given, I definitely don't believe this product works for all skin types.

April 04, 2017

This product wasn't for me. It didn't clear my face at all after using it for months. I actually stopped using it because I got a chemical burn on my face, it took a while for it to heal.

1.5/5

March 03, 2017

I have struggled with acne for years and felt like I've tried everything on the shelves including this so called miracle treatment. For the $150 I was paying for it I followed the routine and instructions exactly to be sure I was using it effectively. All I got in return was worse acne, blotchy, painful, red irritated skin that was dried out. If you have sensitive or dry skin I advise not to use this product. It took me a few months to get back to normal again

2.0/5

March 02, 2017

In my opinion its a waste of money. It really dried out my skin, and did not do much for the bit of acne I had, plus I followed the instructions to a T. My skin was always red and blotchy after use, the only thing I did like was the free cleansing brush they included for free. I still use the brush a few times a week, but with Nivea.

February 28, 2017

I used this product for about a year and a half when i was in my twenties. I had a lot of breakouts of adult onset acne. It worked really well but something in the cream (likely a smell) was giving me a headache. Luckily my breakout problems reduced about the time the headaches increased and i could stop using it.

The instructions recommend using it twice a day, morning and evening. I tried this initially and realized it was too harsh on my skin and too drying. I reduced the use to once a day and this was a good balance.

The subscription sends a new package every two months; i asked them to reduce it to 3months and then 4 as i was starting to stockpile the product because of my reduced use. The customer care rep didn't have a problem adjusting the frequency. The base three kit was sufficient for me, i also tried the mask which didn't do much.

The benzol peroxide will bleach every fabric it gets to, unless it's completely washed with soap, off your face. And even then you have to be careful. I destroyed a few shirts, towels and pillow cases before i figured out what's going on.

2.7/5

February 27, 2017

There isn't many product out there that I don't like. With Proactiv I had a hard time trying too figure out why it just wouldn't work for my skin. It would immediately burn and dry out my skin so much. After using the face cleanser I immediately had too put some type of lotion on as it tried out my skin so much. The toner was really nice it had a very nice cooling sensation too my skin. I do notice that the lotion really didn't help with my skin and my breakouts when I was in high school. It actually if anything made my skin so much worse. The thing is with acne cleansers it will completely strip out everything in your skin and if you have sensitive skin like mine it made everytime ten times worse for me. The smell was refreshing though. I had zero issues with that. Maybe if they had an option for sensitive skin this probably would have been a way better option for me. I know a lot of celebrities endorse this product and make it sound like the perfect solution too your acne problem but I wasn't a fan of this product. I did find the mask too be pretty nice. It didn't make my skin feel dried out, it did make it feel pretty hydrated.

I bought this at The Bay for $60 the 3 step program.