2.9/5
Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen Reviews
#1155 in Nail Polish

Sally Hansen nail art pen makes nail art easy. A unique pen and fast-drying formula allows anyone to "design and go". Create nail designs over any nail color. The fine-tip pen makes it easy to control and draw precise lines for a french manicure. The mistake-proof formula can be removed or corrected with a moist cotton swab without damaging dry nail polish. Nail art pens are great for french pedicure tips too. Available in 8 designable shades.

2.2/5

January 28, 2012

Like many, I was super excited to use these nail pens. Unfortunately, my experience was not a good one. When I shook the pen, little drops of black nailpolish splashed out onto my shirt and carpet. Also I found the consistency too watery which did nothing for my nails. I think I'll stick to using a tip to make my designs.

2.8/5

January 28, 2012

Overall I have had a good experience with these pens but today was a different story.

I went to use it, the "nail polish" leaked out of the pen, all over me and my freshly painted nails.
    Very watery liquid may I add. It took forever for it to dry and had a foul smell.

I've only had this pen for a few weeks, the cap has always been on tight and it sits with tip towards the ceiling.
    I have other ones made by sally and I have never had a problem.

January 10, 2012

I thoroughly luv using this product, it's fun, long lasting and most of all very easy to use and comes in great colours! The tip of the applicator is small enuf to add awesome details to my otherwise boring nails! I don't see how anyone could be dissapointed with this product. I have about 5 colours right now and excited about even more colours coming out in the future. Keep up the good work!!!

3.2/5

January 10, 2012

easy enoguh to use but nothing spectactular

January 10, 2012

I got one of these in my Christmas stocking and was really excited to use it. Since I am all about doing my nails all the time I thought this would be so much fun to use and i would be able to do intricate designs etc. Well I failed hard :( it puddled a lot at some points ruining the design and it smudged SO easily. I am really disappointed in this product..

0.5/5

November 14, 2011

My name is Septembre and I'm obsessed with nail art so I was very excited to try out the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen (in Black). I absolutely loved the idea and thought the pen would be the answer to my nail art prayers but the union ended up in disaster.

The Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen is NOT a nail polish pen but a water-based marker. The ink is very watery and tends to gush out of the pen. It is nearly impossible to do detailed designs because the flow of the ink leads to streaky, uneven lines and designs. Also, the pen MUST be used with a top coat (the first time I used the pen I didn't apply a top coat and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning most of the ink had rubbed off in my sleep) and when I used a top coat the ink began to crackle.

I've been a victim of false advertising before but this experience was horrific. I would only recommend this product to my worst enemy.

October 23, 2011

Bought the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in white today cause it was half price and I've wanted the white one for a while (never there all the other times I see it on sale!). Must say I was quite disappointed by this after all the wait. The white is not very opaque, quite watery in consistency. The idea of it is great but i think white out would look better then this. Def. would not recommend it for a french as the tip is far too thin for that to be effective.

2.8/5

July 18, 2011

I had always been keen to try the Sally Hansen nail art pens....they appear easy and fun to use, but their effectiveness is the same as nail polish from the bottle!

The Sally Hansen nail polish pen is a fun tool for your nail polish collection, but there are pros and cons !

Some of the pros:

-Fun colours
    -Easy to grip
    -Great for on the go

Some of the cons:

-Tough to get the nail polish out
    -Leaks

Overall I would recommend that you buy this to add to your nail polish collection because it is a fun addition, but it is not better than the classic nail polish in the bottle!

January 31, 2010

I love these nail art pens. I bought it in black, hot pink, and the chrome-ish brown. On a bare nail, they come off very easily, but with a base before and topcoat it holds out. A lot of creative original nails have come off from this :) They are hard to maneuver unless you're a nail tech, and they do run. Great for doing just the tips!