Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Color Care

2.2/5
Ranked #1383 out of 1563 in Nail Polish

2.0/5

March 28, 2016

This review is for the shade fog.I was very disappointed in this shade. The other shades in this line worked well but this polish was runny and if you try to apply more than one coat no matter how long you wait in between coats the nail polish lifts. :(
    Very disappointing.

February 20, 2013

My shade: Dune (03)

I bought this polish because I was looking for a nude shade that I could wear while my nails were in recovery. I polish and use my nails a lots, and sometimes, they just need some down-time between manicures. Usually, I just apply a strengthening or nourishing base coat (like OPI's Nail Envy) and let that slide for a couple days. But, as a self-proclaimed nail polish and home manicure fanatic, I can't deny that that's just ugly.
    So when I saw this line that claims it allows nails to breathe and promotes "stronger, healthier nails", while masking my broken, battered nails with pretty pastels, I had to try it.

Application
    The wide, flat, rounded brush style allows you to apply polish quickly and evenly. Bonus: it dries faster than your average nail colour, I found.

Appearance
    I love this colour *for nude polish*. I applied two coats, and it looked like I have even-toned nail beds by nature. I could see the distal edges (white tips) and a hint of the lunula ("moons" near the cuticle) of my nails, which adds to the natural look. It provided enough colour to hide my minor imperfections, but did not cover the bruising in my pinky finger nail bed that I've had for 6 months since slamming the little guy in a drawer (to be fair, I could see a shadow of it through some of my more opaque polishes, too).
    This polish dries smooth, hard, and ultra-shiny. It chipped a little, but it wasn't really noticable because of the nude shade. Bottom line: Great finish, but don't buy this polish if you want bold, traffic-stopping colour.

My nails were feeling a bit hard and stronger while I wore this Colour Care polish. They still peeled, but not as bad, and it may have been because I didn't buff before I painted. I'm not really sure if I would say this polish "allows nails to breathe" as it claims, but I didn't hear them gasping for air, either (haha).

Removal
    In a review on the Sally Hanson website, I read that this polish is hard to remove. I'm not sure what that girl was using, because I didn't have any trouble at all.

This polish is perfect for what I wanted: subtle colour for when my nails are recovering from the abuse I put them through on a regular basis. I'm not sure I would by it in any of the more colourful shades, because it's very sheer.

0.8/5

April 09, 2012

The Sally Hansens web page says that this polish is a breakthrough in nail color, which helps to hide ridges and imperfections with a breathable porcelain smooth finish. Well I bought into that and was very disappointed with it. The first time I tried to apply this polish it went on streaky and very uneven, but I was rushing, so I tried it again. This time I took my time applying it, but had the same results. No matter how light, or how heavy I applied this polish I still couldn’t get it on evenly and it looked terrible. I wasn’t going anywhere so I left it on because I wanted to see just how long it would last before it started chipping away. With in a few hours it was already starting to chip from my right hand and I’m right handed. So that right there told me I was right from the beginning, this wasn’t going to be worth a penny I spent on it. If it’s going to chip from the hand I use the most with in one hour then it’s not a very good polish at all! I would tell anyone that asked me about it not to buy it. Now I don’t know if it went on the way it did do to the shade I was using witch is call Linen, or if every color will act like that, but I have to say to forget about this one for sure.