Schmidt's Lavender + Sage Natural Deodorant Reviews

Luxurious, long-lasting scent made with natural fragrance—a clean, herbaceous scent that's tranquil and soothing. Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens and pthalates. Certified vegan & cruelty-free.

You may also like Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in: Sage + Vetiver, Rose + Black Pepper, and Here + Now

2.7/5

April 03, 2020

Decent if you don't expect to sweat a lot

Schmidt's deodorant smells great and glides on smoothly and easily. However, I don't feel that it lasts all day, and I also don't trust it to keep me smelling pleasant during/after a workout. That being said, it is fine for a type of day that you will be indoors and you don't expect to sweat very much.

March 23, 2020

Strong smell, okay effectiveness

Personally, I was not a huge fan of the lavender/sage smell. I found it a bit overwhelming. As for effectiveness, I found that I had to reapply at least once per day and it left a sticky residue. I have used other natural deodorants which I enjoy better but depending on how much body odor you have and how pungent of a fragrance you like, this may be the deodorant for you.

March 18, 2020

Laisse des taches mais efficace

Il est efficace contre les odeurs, ça il fayt l’avouer. Mais il tache comme pas possible! Il a une sorte de consistance crémeuse et un peu granuleuse (comme une pate de bicarbonate de soude), ce qui faut que c’est presque impossible d’appliquer une fine couche... si ce détail ne vous derange pas je vous conseille ce produit... sinon si ça vous dérange vous allez passer chaque matin à vous énerver contre la sensation d’humidité sur vos aisselles et les tâches sur vos vêtements.

March 13, 2020
    Tennessee, United States

Wanted to love

I wanted to love this product so much. It smells amazing and I love the fact that it is all natural and aluminum free. However it gave me such a bad chemical burn I could t put my arms down!

2.3/5

March 12, 2020

Love the idea, hate the pit stains

Well, I had high hopes for this. I loved the concept but... Let's start from the beginning. Overall the packaging is simple, the scent is mild, refreshing and not too overpowring. Putting the product on, it glides smoothly and at first I was happy with it. However, the product tends to clump on the stitching lines of long sleeve shirts and if they are white/cream then it leaves very yellow almost golden armpit stains in the shirt. While these are easy to remove with a quick wash it's not a good look. Overall if you are in a sleeveless shirt and not going to sweat much ( it will smell if you wear this to the gym) then it's okay but overall I can't support it.

2.7/5

March 11, 2020

nope

Tried 2 different types of deodorant from this line,
    won't be buying another, didn't control at all the smell or sweat, very patchy, stays on clothes.

March 10, 2020

Great smell, but some cons that can't be ignored unfortunate

Great smell, but some cons that can't be ignored unfortunately!

I had been looking for a healthy non toxic deodorant, and this brand came up. The smell is amazing, but it does create a white paste under the arm, and can develop a little rash too. The white paste will stick and show on ANY black or dark top you wear, so make sure you let it dry before putting on any jumpers etc. After a few times it just stopped being efficient all together and the smell of the product would disappear within a few hours while the sweat smell would overpower... great shame as loved the smell and idea behind it. Still looking for a good non toxic deodorant!

Updated On: March 10, 2020

March 10, 2020

Not for everyone

I had the opportunity to try this product. I had never heard of it til just before the campaign started. When I received my packagefinally (for som reason it was really delayed) I was so excited to try this. Regular deoderants make my skin itchy so I have been using a local madea slap in the face of sage. To me sage is something you use for cooking... natural one for years and I love it but it is very hard mto travel with in a bulky glass jar. When this arrived I was so happy it could fit in a toiletry bag! I got Lavender and sage. I don't really care for those scents but it was the lesser of evils. Being scent sensitive that is why I have avoided most products in stores. The lavender on me isn't that strong but the sage is. Oh my it is so strong and every time I lift my arm up all I get is a slap in the face of sage. Not for me. I had some comments from coworkers asking why I smell funny. I will stick with my local made vanilla coconut in it's bulky jar

March 09, 2020

Works For A Limited Time

I have been using aluminum free/natural deodorant for a few years now. It was my first time trying Schmidt’s. I enjoy anything lavender scent and think this deodorant does have a good lavender+sage scent. Upon applying the deodorant I notice that it comes off the stick in tiny pieces and sticks to my underarms. In the winter I don’t mind because I will not be showing my underarms but this may change in the summertime. I think the product works well for some time but by the end of the day the scent has disappeared.

March 06, 2020

Better than most natural deodorants, but still not great

I received Schmidt's Lavendar + Sage Natural Deodorant free to try from ChickAdvisor in exchange for my honest review. I have tried several other natural deodorants before and have not had much success with them. Out of all the ones I have tried, however, I will say I liked this one the best even if it still did not perform the exact way I wanted it to.

First off, the scent is extremely strong. At first I thought it was a really nice scent but through the day, it started to smell more and more like bug spray to me. I actually became very self-conscious that that's all people could smell on me. The texture is very gritty and soft. As the product suggests, I did let it melt into my skin a bit, and it was still very gritty and soft and therefore quite messy. The product got all over the outer packaging and squished down under the lid. After each use I ended up having to wipe it down because the package was starting to look a complete mess. It was also all over my hands and I had to wash them after applying the product. This deodorant also never dried down fully for me. It was still wet at the end of the day. I didn't like the feeling of moist armpits; it felt like I was sweating even though I wasn't.

I know a lot of people have reactions to natural deodorants, but thankfully I did not have any sort of reaction to this at all. That was an upside. On days I was not active, it seemed to do the job. On days I was a bit more active, I noticed I had to reapply unlike a regular deodorant which would have kept me odour-free.

There are unfortunately more cons to this product than not, but it has potential.