The Jane Austen Marriage Manual

The Jane Austen Marriage Manual Reviews

1 review
Ranked #828 out of 1055 in Books

May 30, 2012

This book is a fun, satisfying summer read, perfect for the beach. I'm a big Jane Austen fan so I was pretty happy to see the references to Austen too. I won't go too into the plot but the basic synopsis is this: a woman, on the verge of her 40th birthday, suddenly loses everything: her house, job etc. What starts out as a joke about finding a rich man to settle down with, turns into an actual goal.

For the most part, I liked the characters in the book but I struggled with the fact that I just didn't find it believable. That, and often times I found myself being exasperated by her attempt to snag a rich man. I had to keep reminding myself that this was just light reading, nothing to be taken seriously. The writing style is decent though, easy to follow and descriptive. I was a bit disappointed because I thought it would be funnier but the plot twists create good cliff hangers that make it addicting. All in all, this one won't be for everyone and it isn't a serious read but for something to bring to the beach I would definitely recommend.

KateBaird added a new review for
    Fox Run Cherry Pitter

222josianne added a new review for
    AMERICAN CREW Fiber

KRISTALAM has posted in the forum topic
    Can anyone suggest a good brow gel?

Press on Nails

IPSY

ainsleygoheen added a new review for
    Triscuit Crackers