The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution Reviews
#9 in Toner

November 08, 2019

Works a little too well

This product was too harsh for my skin. I started using it every other night then brought it down to every 3 nights, however it still left my skin feeling over exfoliated with a bare shine. It did not work for me but it is a good product and could work for others. I will stick to my BHAs.

November 02, 2019

Drying, but effective

This product definitely dries out my skin, I use it once every other day to keep my dry skin from getting too upset. It has improved my skin texture and really cleanses my skin. I really like it.

October 19, 2019

Quality Product

Exactly what I’ve come to expect from The Ordinary, this product is exactly what it says it is, and works well. It doesn’t a great job of keeping my skin fresh and free from imperfections. You might have to work up to it if you haven’t used 7% glycolic acid before, but once you do it’s excellent. To me it seems very similar to the Pixie toner but at much less of a cost. The bottle is also huge and lasts ages!

October 09, 2019
    Stockport, United Kingdom

Pretty powerful

This toner feels very powerful so might not be great for sensitive skin types. I find it makes my skin feel really well exfoliated and makes a good base for serums

September 28, 2019
    California, United States

This product is a game Changer!

I started using this product after my esthetician commented that my skin looked great, but the pores on my nose were clogged. She recommended I start using a toner with glycolic acid. Not wanting to spend too much money on another product, I did my own research and bought this one. Within a couple of days, I started to notice a difference in my nose. Not only did it help unclog my pores, it has also started to lighten my hyperpigmentation. I have started to recommend this product to everyone.

September 21, 2019

Amazing chemical exfoliator!

Amazing toner with 7% glycolic acid! I have oily skin with a lot of texture so this stuff does an incredible job at gently exfoliating my skin without irritation. Amazing value and highly effective product, seriously worth every penny!

July 29, 2019

Great Product

Everything about this product from the price, the effect on my skin, the size is perfect!
    I noticed an immediate different in my complexion and will be using this forever
    One of my favourite products.

July 24, 2019

Good stuff

this brand is truly amazing. This tonic the best thing i ever tried and the price is ridiculously low. It doesn't dry you skin and removes all dirt after a long day

July 24, 2019

New fave chemical exfoliant toner!

Recently bought this on a whim due to interest in chemical exfoliants and I am so impressed! It makes my skin feel super soft, doesn’t have any added fragrance, and doesn’t feel harsh on my skin. I feel it’s gentle enough to use every night before bed (at least for me) but also strong enough to do what is advertised. I say use this before bed as it is an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) and can make your skin more prone to sun damage. A good way to combat this is with a good SPF in the morning.

Updated On: July 25, 2019

Just an update, when you use this your skin may “purge” this is not acne but it can look like it. Purging is defined as a worsening of your current skin condition. It's really an accelerated rate of exfoliation brought on by an active ingredient that is doing its job. This means that if you have clogged pores, they may turn into pimples and active acne. If you have small pimples, they may turn into larger ones. Basically your skin is fully cleaning out your pores and don’t worry, it’s only temporary.

July 18, 2019

New favourite!

Recently started using the Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution and I must say I’m very pleasantly surprised. It has managed to help clarify my face and give me a more even skin tone and most importantly I noticed some parts of my face now glow!
    I use it only at night and make sure I moisturise after applying the toner.
    In the daytime I use a different toner and ensure I load up on the spf!
    This has become my new favourite toner and a staple in my night time skincare routine. The price can’t be beat either! Well done Deciem!!!