Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly Reviews

Protects and locks in moisture to help dry skin heal
  • 100% pure petroleum jelly. Triple-purified. Purity guaranteed
  • Gentle on your skin, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • Reduces the appearance of fine, dry lines.
For more info, visit Vaseline.

June 02, 2017

Je l'utilise généralement le soir sur mes lèvre pour que ça puisse les rendre plus douce et les nourrir. Je les acheter à action et elle n'était vraiment pas cher.
    J'ai également entendu parler que ça faisais pousser les poils (un peu comme l'huile de ricin), je l'applique donc tous les soirs sur mes sourcils et cils. Mais à ce niveau je n'ai pas vus de grande différence.

June 12, 2016

I don't use it for myself. I do use it for my dogs pads on there paws. It protects them from the ice and snow. I use it in the summer against the hot pavement. It leaves them soft. I also use it around the rubber of my car door so it does not freeze or Crack during the winter.

2.7/5

May 31, 2016

I may be the only person on the planet who doesn't like Vaseline but I find it to oily and slimy. I use it rarely on my lips if absolutely necessary but would never put it on my skin. Much too oily for me.

March 09, 2016

I hate vaseline. I have tried it for numerous different purposes (advice from friends/family) with the most recent being for my dry lips. Each and every time I just find myself getting greasy?! Everything I touch gets greasy. It's slippery and I don't see how anyone can say this is effective. Maybe I need to give it another chance but I hate the feeling of being oily.... advice?

July 10, 2013

This has been around for decades and with the many uses out there, its all around a great product.

2.3/5

March 31, 2008

I try to avoid petroleum products whenever possible, whether it's at the fuel pump or involving my face (!) since I do not like how it has effected our economy and our world. Did you know petroleum jelly was discovered as a substance that accumulated on oil rig equipment, gunking it up? (That's what wikipedia sez)

That being said, from what I have read I don't think that petroleum jelly actually heals. It really just sits on top of the skin, making it appear moist, but the skin is actually sealed underneath it and becomes drier and more chapped underneath as a result. In this way I have heard that you can develop a dependency on Vaseline, where it makes the problem underneath worse the more you use it so you use it more to try to counter it.

I prefer more natural products such as those made with beeswax (e.g. the Burt's Bees line is great.) I'll be the odd chick out here and thumbs down this product.