• Waitress
  • Waitress

Waitress Reviews

Ranked #990 out of 1013 in DVD

Writer/director Adrienne Shelly's sweet, sassy comedy about the power of friendship, motherhood and second chances, starring the radiant Keri Russell who serves up "a hilarious and heartfelt performance" (Rolling Stone).

August 24, 2014

Is it just me ? Or did this movie made someone else hungry in the beginning? lol

March 11, 2009

I stumbled across these reviews, and reading them decided to watch this movie. The story line was so realistic, the acting and chemistry between the cast was so perfect, and this movie hit so incredibly close to home for me as I'm sure for many viewers... to top it off, the pies!! mmmm... :-)

I probably was expecting (or hoping for) a different ending, but if it had been, it wouldn't have been as realistic or as good. This movie is going to be in my collection for a very long time coming and I can see this becoming a classic...

Although this is a "chick flick", I would recommend this movie for men and women alike... and can't imagine this movie not being a hit with whoever watches it.

February 06, 2008

I originally mentioned this movie in chickchat back in late June, but I'll add commentary here, too! I originally wanted to see this movie b/c the premise of being trapped in a horrible relationship was (and still is) gripping a dear friend. There really aren't any mainstream actors/actresses in it (Andy Griffith and Keri Russel). Keri Russel is the main character. It was a great story ... empowering. The story line is nothing new and perhaps a bit cliche. But the writers make up for it by weaving in some unique aspects (mmm, the pies). I recommend the movie as a fun chick flick.

February 06, 2008

I love this movie. Extremely endearing characters, very sweet performances from Keri Russel and her castmates and delicious pie making scenes that will make you very hungry. In fact, I recommend having some pie on hand when you watch this or you'll end up like my sister and I who, after watching this had to run out and buy apple pie ingredients to make our own.

Some highlights for me (aside from the pie) were the performances of Jeremy Sisto, who expertly plays the abusive husband so aggravating you'll be jumping out of your skin wanting to throttle him and Eddie Jemison as Ogie - the biggest dorkiest nerd you'd never want pursuing you. And of course, Andy Griffith is just fantastic.

Russel does an amazing job as the trapped wife looking for her escape and there are plenty of funny and warm moments with her co-stars, Cheryl Hines and Adrienne Shelly. Shelly also wrote and directed the film just before her tragic death. Watch for Shelly's daughter as the toddler at the end of the film.

It's a beautiful, colorful touching movie that is now one of my favorites.

Waitress also scored well on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes so don't just take my word for it!

Imacoolmom added a new review for
    Gerber Arrowroot Cookies

Imacoolmom earned the Mom & Baby Guru badge

Pammywhammy845 has posted in the forum topic
    Big Brother US (plus spoilers)

tracy1963 has posted in the forum topic