3.9/5
WowButter Reviews
#44 in Grocery

Wowbutter is a spread made from roasted soybeans that is 100% peanut-free and nut-free!

It is actually more nutritious than peanut butter as it is a COMPLETE protein food, containing all 9 essential amino acids, just as do eggs, dairy and meat.

March 06, 2019

Strange after taste

I tried this for school since schools are peanut free. I liked the idea of the snickers so the teachers know it is peanut-free. The Wowbutter itself tasted like peanut butter but it had a really bad aftertaste. The after taste ruins it for me.

March 06, 2019

Finally a decent nut-free alternative

The first time I tried Wowbutter, I was amazed. After not having any nut or seed butters for about 7 years due to a sensitivity, I was finally able to relive the joys of peanut butter. I may not be the BEST judge out there, though, as it has been so long since I've had the real deal but I highly recommend this for anyone who is craving nut butter but is limited. I have only had the crunchy variety and loved that I actually got "crunch". However, it was extremely runny and it never thickened up so it still isn't a perfect substitute.

2.0/5

February 05, 2019

Terrible aftertaste

I still buy this product for my daughter to have at school mainly because it is peanut free. It has a bad after taste and is difficult to spread on bread. My daughter doesn't mind it so I will continue to buy for at school only.

2.7/5

November 14, 2018

my daughter loves this

as most people know. schools and daycares are going completely nut free. this is a great substitute. however only 1/4 of my kids like it. the positive is the one that foes is the one that can not take any peanuts at all. she enjoys her WOW butter and jelly sandwiches.

1.2/5

October 19, 2018

Couldn't even give it away

It was expensive and the taste and texture were not good at all. My kids won't be bringing 'pb'&j;to school any time soon using this product. Couldn't even give it away.

July 17, 2018

I can’t believe it’s not PB

I am a peanut butter fiend and can’t believe how good this product is. I was skeptical about its claims but WOWbutter delivers. I don’t know how much the product costs as I received a sample but I’ll check it out the next time I’m at the grocery store. Great job WOWbutter.

2.2/5

April 30, 2018

This is not for true peanut butter fans

We bought a jar of wow butter to try at our nut free school as an alternative to a peanut butter sandwich. It did not meet our approval at all. The consistency is not right and you get an after taste you cannot wash out of your mouth. We will be sticking to jam sandwiches for school from now on.

1.2/5

April 11, 2018

No WOWBUTTER for me thanks!

I tried it at work and I did not like anything about. The consistency is too thick and the flavour is really bad, it doesn’t taste like peanuts at all, it tastes weird, I am so disappointed.

2.0/5

April 11, 2018

Daughter did not like this

I bought this as an alternative for school lunches. Since our schools are all peanut free. My daughter did not like it at all. I have tasted it and its probably the closest they can get to peanut butter but it isn't the real thing. It also is very expensive for the size you get.

April 01, 2018

Wow!!!

J'ai essayé ce prpduit en remplacement du beurre d'arachides pour une recette et depuis je suis tombée en amour. J'ai toujours envie d'en mettre partout et une fois de temps en temps je vais même me chercher une cuillère juste pour en prendre un peu. J'ai dû éviter les arachides pendant quelques mois par obligation mais maintenant je suis rendu accro à celui-là. Je ne crois pas que je vais racheter du vrai beurre d'arachides de si tôt. Le goût est délicieux et ça ne paraît pas que c'est fait à base de soya. Il faut le garder au réfrigérateur mais il reste crémeux. C'est définitivement ma découverte de l'année et je ne le regrette tellement pas. J'en mange à tous les jours. Je le suggère à tous! Surtout pour les parents qui ont des enfants qui doivent éviter les collations avec des arachides pour l'école, ça sauve la vie et le goût est même meilleur que du vrai beurre de peanuts. ;)