Almay Smart Shade Concealer Reviews

Ranked #349 out of 389 in Concealer

At first, applying the Almay Smart Shade Concealer on your face is clear. However, as you smooth it on, the microscopic colour beads in the concealer become activated and transforms into the perfect shade that compliments your skin town!
You can use the Almay Smart Shade Concealer for hiding imperfections or dark circles under your eye and has easy coverage.
Use with Almay Smart Shade makeup and Blush for a beautiful natural finish!
Sourced from main website: www.almay.com

1.5/5

May 21, 2015

This provides NO COVERAGE at all!!! I don't know how they can even call it a concealer.

October 30, 2014

Unfortunately I have very pale skin. I purchased the lightest shade available and it still leaves my skin looking orangey. Maybe this works better for darker complexions but not for me.

March 01, 2014

I found this concealer to be kind of cool at first, because it would change color, but it also kept changing color. As there is only three shades, I found this concealer to be much darker than I wanted it to be, as the color continued to change after I blended it the desired amount. This concealer has ok coverage, but I also found it to crease. For anyone with terrible discoloration, this would not cover.

February 18, 2013

I find this item is great paired with the smart shade makeup. it blends easily and well, and covers up discolored spots well.

June 19, 2012

Nice Idea, bad execution. The smart shade, skin-tone matching idea is brilliant! If only it worked! The color is completely off and super obvious.

October 06, 2010

I have been using this for almost a year and I like it for a quick touch up under the eyes and under the nose
( I have little broken viens there). I find that it blends very well with a creamy texture. It matches my fair,blotchy skin tone perfectly. My only complaint is the smell.

October 06, 2010

I have very light skin and very dark circles under my eyes. I guess the concealer just adjusted to dark colour under my eyes because it did not dot he job of hiding the circles at all :S. I found it to be too liquid, and the little grains of brown shade sometimes would just not blend well with the rest of the mixture leaving a dark-brown line. I think there are better products out there.

1.5/5

May 23, 2010

Well first of all, isn't the concept of a concealer to be a different shade than the skin which you are trying to conceal? This concept just doesn't make sense really. So I bought it just out of curiosity. I will say I like the creamy texture of it especially around the under eye area or over a breakout, but, like I suspected, the 'smart shade technology' doesn't work all that well. I bought the light formula, yet for some reason when I apply it to the lightest part of my face, my forehead, it goes dark brown. It's kind of ridiculous really. I would only use it paired with something else, and only minimal amounts of it. There are much better products out there that do not arbitrarily assign a shade to your face.

April 12, 2010

the darkest shade is medium, and when i tried it, it was verry light. the colour didn't blend at all and my skin isn't even that dark, it's only a lighter brown. i don't recommend this product to anyone with tanned skin.

April 12, 2010

Great product. No more dark circles and undetectable under my foundation. Also doesn't make undereye wrinkles stand out like some products do.

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes