Cake Pops Recipe

Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 0
Servings: 14

Ingredients:
1 cake (510 g) McCain® Deep 'n Delicious® Vanilla CakeChocolate Cake, or Marble Cake
8 oz (250 g) white or dark chocolate, melted
3 tbsp (45 mL) round sprinkles

Scrape 1/3 of the frosting from the top of the cake. Save for another use.

Crumble cake and remaining frosting into a bowl. Beat with hand mixer on medium speed just until crumbled. Roll mixture into 1 1/4-inch (3 cm) balls and transfer to parchment lined baking trays.

Dip the tips of the lollipop sticks into melted white chocolate and insert into each ball. Place in freezer for 5 mins or until chocolate is set and balls are firm.

Dip cake pops into chocolate, gently shaking off excess. Garnish with sprinkles. Freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store cake pops in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Tips: Replace the round sprinkles with toasted desiccated coconut.

Taste

Easy to Make

May 20, 2016

Actually I've made thsee for years now with McCains and other cakes and they are all good tasting.I'm glad though that this recipe has been included for all to try out and enjoy.It really is a good treat.

Taste

Easy to Make

May 20, 2016

Super yummy and very easy!I used vanillia cake with chocolate coating. I skipped the lollipop sticks and made truffles instead. Worked great and super tasty! I'll be making these again

Taste

Easy to Make

May 12, 2016

These cake pops were actually pretty easy to make. I used the marble cake as the base for this recipe. Next time I make this, I think I will skip the step where you dip the sticks in the chocolate. I melted all the chocolate to do that step, but then when I needed to dip them in chocolate (5 minutes later) the chocolate was cold and thick. Very hard to put on the cake balls.

I also added 1 Tablespoon of milk to the chocolate so that it would heat better in the microwave, and be runnier so that it coats the cake balls more evenly. When I see a McCain cake on sale again, I will definitely experiment with different chocolates and different methods to melt the chocolate.

Taste

Easy to Make

May 09, 2016

These are so much fun for any occasion, colorful, tasty and such a great treat. The kids so nuts for these and beg me to make them. So moist and yummy, easy to make and really has a WOW factor when displayed on any table setting. So many ways to create any color or style scheme. This is an amazing recipe, try it if you have not already, so worth it.

Taste

Easy to Make

May 07, 2016

These cal pops are the best recipe I have found! They take notice to make and taste so great! I personalize them with icing and decorations. They look home made! I will make these again!

Taste

Easy to Make

April 30, 2016

Petite recette facile a faire et plutôt rapide que vous pouvez même effectuez avec les enfants.
Ils seront heureux et impatient d'y gouter et croyez moi, ils aimeront assurément.
Vous pouvez même les confectionner et les offrir garnie d'une petite boucle sur le bâton, tout a fait ravissant.
Je recommande cette recette

Taste

Easy to Make

April 29, 2016

I made these while I was pregnant because I was bored. They were super addicting so I was the only one who got to eat any ... Oops. They were really easy to make which was wonderful! I topped them with little sprinkles :) Loved the idea of making each of them differently. This was the first time I had ever had cake pops to be honest. I will be making these for upcoming birthdays and baby showers for sure!

Taste

Easy to Make

April 29, 2016

Cake pops are delicious in every form! But the McCain deep and delicious cake pops are incredibly easy to make! It's so much easier than baking cake pops from scratch.

Taste

Easy to Make

April 28, 2016

I made the cake pops for a baby shower and they were a hit they are so delicious nice and moist and easy to out together it's a must try I know I will be making them again

Taste

Easy to Make

April 28, 2016

This would be my go to quick recipe for the kids. Quick and easy...just need the cake, chocolate and sprinkles. The kids love when I make it. They also like to help or should I say eat the toppings.

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic
Stitches

Beetlejuice13 added a new review for
MoroccanOil

Beetlejuice13 earned the Beauty Rockstar badge

Sandra Ribeiro has posted in the forum topic
Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag