McCain Deep 'n Delicious Vanilla Cake Reviews

Ranked #4 out of 62 in Frozen Desserts

Our vanilla cake recipe is sure to satisfy your craving for something sweet! The legendary Deep 'n Delicious® icing takes this heavenly and fluffy cake to the next level. After a long day at work, you deserve a little indulgence  – simply cut and enjoy!​​​

Recipe Suggestion: Vanilla Lemon Coconut Cake

October 23, 2016

Out of all the McCain cakes the vanilla is the best. Not so much for the cake part, but the marshmallow topping icing is the best. It is sweet, but not grainy. It's like a cloud of heaven in my mouth. So good.

June 29, 2016

Mccain deep n delicious vanilla cake is one of my favorite classic flavours from the mccain frozen cake line.
The vanilla flavour is not too sweet, so great for a cold sugar craving. I like that the cake is always moist once it is removed from the freezer and left to thaw, it becomes soft and enjoyable for all to eat.
I like the taste of the whip cream on top and throughout, I like the crust of the cake, I like how easy it is to thaw and serve without causing much of a mess when cutting through. Great price too!
Always find on sale somewhere.
I enjoy how the vanilla cake is a hit for all occassions.

May 21, 2016

This cake isn't my favorite out of the McCain Deep 'n Delicious cakes, but it is decent. I found it kind of dry: much more dry than the chocolate or the marble ones. But the flavor is quite nice: a subtle hint of vanilla. Perfect along with a cup of tea or coffee. I also tried it with the recipe for the Vanilla Lemon Coconut Cake, and I think that really adds a lot to this cake. Makes up for it being a little bit dry.

May 20, 2016

Delicious, moist and creamy! I love this cake as an impromptu family treat or summer BBQ. All flavors are great but the vanilla is my favourite. And at about $5 a pop, you can't go wrong.

May 09, 2016

This such a wonderful cake, soft and mellow. It is a great combination of flavors and the icing is SO yummy! Have these all the time and the kids just get giddy for their slice. A must have in the freezer. LOVE!!

May 09, 2016

This is a great cake to have in the freezer for unexpected company!!! it has a nice mellow vanilla flavor and this cake makes a great dessert topped with a little bit of fruit!!!!

May 08, 2016

I would give it more stars for taste if I could!! I absolutely loveeeeeee this cake. The frosting is light and not too sugary which can honestly ruin a beautiful cake. The cake itself is soft and fluffy and always feels fresh. I eat this cake straight out of the freezer and love every bite I take!! I will ALWAYS buy this cake and be more than satisfied!

May 07, 2016

There really is just one word required to pitch this: Mmmmm!
My grandy says " Close yours eyes and go Mmm, mmm, mmm!"
Absolutely worth every bite...if the price of it goes up,...I'll just have to take smaller bites!

May 07, 2016

These cakes are so good! I love them all. So sweet and moist, and just the right amount of flavour that you could eat a whole cake to yourself without getting sick of it. I had these in my house growing up and I think I'll always have them as I get older. They're a good price, (especially on sale!) they're convenient and taste so much better than boxed cake. I even prefer this to the bakery cakes in grocery stores.

May 07, 2016

So moist and the icing is so creamy! Perfect vanilla flavour. This was the first frozen cake I've had and it was absolutely delicious! I was thoroughly surprised