Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Reviews

Ranked #10 out of 1215 in Facial Lotions & Creams

Also known as the "moisture drink" of Clinique, The Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion moisturizes your skin to is full potential.
Clinique suggests to use as a "Step three" in your daily regime of skin care, or whenever your skin feels dry.

Sourced at main website.

March 13, 2017

I have a weird relationship with this lotion. The first time I used this lotion, I was 13 and in middle school. My skin wasn’t that great (as in, I didn’t have a skincare routine), so when I put this lotion on my dry and flaky skin, the lotion just awkwardly sat on top of my skin and didn’t do anything. I didn’t touch this lotion again until adulthood.

The second time I used this lotion, it was when I’d started using the Clinique toners. I decided I wanted the full 1-2-3 step routine, so I purchased a full-sized bottle of this lotion. The lotion worked OK—I remember thinking the yellow colour was off-putting, and that I’d use better lotions from other brands.

A few years go by, and I’ve switched lotions a few times (to Shiseido/drug-store, etc.). At the time of writing this, my skin has been going through a lot of weird dry patches, and sensitivity. When I use the Clinique moisturizer (after I’ve washed, toned, and applied my vitamin C serum), the lotion goes on smoothly and does not aggravate my skin. I noticed this, because the next day, I had done the exact same steps but applied a different lotion, which caused a burning sensation.

I think this Clinique lotion is really good for sensitive skin. I’d use it if someone purchased it for me, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it myself (mostly due to the colour, and I like using lotions with SPF).

March 11, 2017

I loved this product when I worked at the Clinique counter :) and despite a formula change later on (when it became "Dramatically Different Lotion +), was still super satisfied with this lotion! Although the plus was meant to indicate faster absorption time and even more hydration, most of us actually didn't see that drastic of an improvement! However, with the formula unchanged for about 42 years it was time for an update (and there was definitely a change). Realistically, I now know much more about ingredients (hence, a change to more natural products) and the reason this product is no longer in my beauty cabinet is the presence of synthetics and dyes (it does contain sesame oil amongst other nourishing items though, which deserves credit). While it does an effective job moisturizing and leaves the skin fairly smooth after application, its effectiveness is seriously enhanced when used in the three step program. Although I wouldn't use it myself any longer due to the presence of specific ingredients, I don't expect the rest of the beauty world to make such a dramatic change and would even still recommend it for an individual looking for a mid-level moisturizer at a reasonable price.

February 28, 2017

This is the only face cream I will use. I have super sensitive, super dry skin, and it is amazing. I constantly get compliments, people want to know what I use because they say my skin is glowing. I can't use anything else without getting irritated. This is my go to product.

February 01, 2017

I have very oily skin but there are some days that my skin is as dry and cracked liked the Sahara desert. On days like those this lotion is my go to's in the morning after I cleanse my face. I know that this base will allow my makeup to go on smoothly and not cause my skin to flake. Great for my oil control too.

January 24, 2017

Clinique Moisturizing Lotion is amazing and light. It`s a fast-absorbing, fragrance-free lotion and good for combination and dry skin type. It works great under make up.

January 21, 2017

I used this product for almost 2 years and never faced a problem.. I used the gel version because i have a combination of dry and oily skin. Love Clinique!

January 20, 2017

I can not leave home with out it! I have tried many a moisturizer and I keep going back to the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + It's my go to! I love it because I don't find it smelly or greasy. And it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I have the 3 step system and the moisturizer is the one step I do not skip if I am running behind. Love it, have and will re-purchase it in the future for sure! ~ shelly

January 16, 2017

This face lotion is excellent. I love how it is scent free and also that it goes on light. The bottle will last a long time if you only use a small bit at a time. I find a little goes a long way. My skin gets very dry in the winter and I find this works excellent. Even in the summer, when my skin is not very dry, I find It is light and doesn't feel greasy at all.

January 12, 2017

I only use this cream at night as it's an amazing moisturizer. The only problem I have with it is it doesn't sit well on top of my day oil (Oz Naturals, Ol Henrikson). After putting oil on and waiting for it to absorb, putting this cream on turns instantly white and I find doesn't get into the skin. It's great on bare skin, but I would be weary if you're an face oil user.

January 11, 2017

My favourite everyday moisturizer, I use it morning and night. It's non greasy, although if you have super dry, flaky skin, you may need a heavier product. I've found myself applying it twice a row when my face is super dry because it is absorbed so quickly.