CoverGirl TRUblend Fixstick

CoverGirl TRUblend Fixstick Reviews

Ranked #218 out of 389 in Concealer

October 06, 2016

Okay so first off... this is a concealer stick! This is NOT meant to be a contouring product, or for super heavy coverage.
I wear minimal make up, and don't generally need lots of concealer but occasionally I have a breakout, or uneven skin tone, and of course some dark circles. I found this best used for the spots, or small areas of unevenness (around nose, between eyebrows where I burn above my sunglasses...) but not for overall evening... use base makeup for that! For undereye circles, I feel there are better products out there, but this will help tone them down in a pinch.
I did not think that the stick smelled, I also had no problems with it gliding along my skin, or blending as some other reviews suggested. All those seemed fine to me.
The one negative is that if you wear other CG products, it's hard to figure out what shade would be best to purchase as it doesn't follow their standard numbering convention and instead follows the TruBlend format. I just kinda went back and forth until I found what I thought was closest, and it worked fine.

January 06, 2015

I purchased several of these concealer sticks, in varying shades, for the purpose of contouring and highlighting.
I have been very disappointed with them. They smell like crayons (kind of unsettling to have this smell on your face...), apply rathy patchy, are a bit hard to blend, and seem to just melt off my face.
While this product may work well for some people, I'm just not a fan and won't be purchasing again.

November 24, 2014

I've been on the lookout for an affordable concealer, and I'm still trying to decide if I prefer liquid over stick. I tried a sampler of CoverGirl Continuous Wear and really liked the result, but wondered if their "dry" concealers worked as well. I actually got mine at a reduced price on eBay because it was damaged, but CoverGirl TRUblend Fixstick normally retails for between $3 and $8, depending on the store or website.

Overall, this product is alright. Not wonderful and I most likely would not buy it again, but it's not horrible either. It goes on sort of smooth, but it's kind of thick and tacky. I find it doesn't glide over my skin all that well. No sharpening is involved - it has a twist top auto-sharpener. I went for the Light shade and it's a little more orange-y than I'd like, but most concealers aren't a perfect match. For this to work, I think lots of blending is likely required.

TRUblend Fixstick would work best as a touchup product - something you'd use to cover very small spots or under the eyes. It's not good as an all-over concealer. Also, I used it a bit on my upper eyelids and it kind of felt like my lids were sticking to my face when I opened my eyes. Again, it's sticky.

I think this product would work okay in conjunction with a fluid concealer to cover up especially dark blemishes or redness, but by itself, it's not that great. I think CoverGirl is a great drugstore brand and definitely try the Continuous Wear concealer if you're looking for a good product in this line. But the TRUblend Fixstick leaves much to be desired as far as this reviewer is concerned.

October 02, 2014

Really happy with this concealer. It is easy to use and not much gets wasted while applying. It lasts long but I would not say a whole day. You need to reapply at least once in mid day if you want to keep the initial appearance. The texture is nice and not too oily.

September 12, 2014

It is great for imperfections and pimples, not that great for dark circles

September 08, 2014

Not much shade variety as these concealers only come in light, medium and dark. This concealer was too dark and yellow for my skin tone. Goes on creamy but smudges easily and doesn't cover imperfection and dark spots well. Creases easily as well. Not recommended.

March 25, 2014

This was an alright product but not the greatest..I found it didnt spread as well when you put it on. not worth 9-13$ kinda dry..