This is a great little kitchen gadget that is specifically designed to take up less space in the kitchen. All the slicers and the juicer attachment fit neatly into the plastic container, so you don't have to go rooting around the kitchen to find them when you need them. It comes with a couple of different blade sizes which allow you to make a spiral, a julienne or slice or to grate cheese or veggies and juice oranges. The instructions are really clear, but it can be a bit confusing at first especially if you are using a strangely shaped vegetable like a wonky carrot. Thankfully, there are great instructional videos available online to help with this and after watching one it becomes obvious how simple it really is.
Once you get the hang of it (which takes about two minutes) it's really fun to twirl the lever and watch the vegetable come away in curly streamer like shapes. DO NOT neglect to hold down the handle like I did or you're just going to hack your veggie to pieces (See my video for a demonstration on how to spiralize a carrot). This slicer is nice and sturdy and each function I tested worked pretty well.
For slicing/julienne, I did find it was the worst feature when using a carrot. It sliced the carrot, but wasn't as easy and didn't look as nice due to the spindly size of the vegetable, but a nice, big carrot shouldn't have that problem, or a different vegetable.
- Has lots of different functions in one machine with different sizes of slicing available.
- Is manual powered, so eco friendly!
- Small and neat.
- Very easy to clean and assemble/disassemble.
- Makes vegetables fun again for little ones or fussy husbands!
- Suction cups keep it from sliding around.
- Can be awkward to use with strange shaped vegetables.
- Very easy to cut yourself if you are not careful.
- Manual powered could be difficult for people with mobility issues or arthritis.
- People who love to experiment in the kitchen.
- People who eat/make a lot of vegetable dishes.
- People who throw parties and want a nice presentation option.
- People with small kitchens.
Note: I received this product at a discounted rate in exchange for an unbiased, honest review as provided here. As a consumer advocate, I believe in providing quality and honest feedback and receiving a product at a discounted rate will never affect my opinions.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.