Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #813 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

An extremely gentle, ph-balanced gel/cream glides easily over face and eyes to cleanse without stripping skin's protective barrier. that cleanses while calming sensitivity. Easily rinses away or wipe off making ideal for skin so sensitizied it even can't tolerate water.

May 23, 2016

This is a lightweight cleanser. It's great for my skin because it doesn't irritate it or make it red, like some cleansers do. It has no scent either. It leaves my skin soft and clean.

July 03, 2014

Just picked this up for my dry skin and am very happy with it. It's not harsh at all but does the job and leaves skin feeling plump and hydrated. That is exactly what I look for in a cleanser

April 25, 2012

I have extremely sensitive skin and have tried numerous products from drug store brands to high end, from all organic to recommendations from a dermatologist...and I love this...the ultra calming cleanser was recommended to me by a employee at a spa..she gave me enough free samples to let me try it for a month, and I have been using it ever since (3 years now)...most of the redness is gone, I used to get dry patch breakouts, and have had none ,my skin has never been more clear or felt better...I do use it with the dermalogica moisturizer as well...but as a part of my face cleaning regime I would highly recommend to anyone with very sensitive skin...

April 10, 2010

I believe that Dermalogica makes good products, generally. But I have found similar cleansers for less money that I much prefer to this one. My facial skin isn't usually particularly sensitive, but this product strangely made it feel more so. Also, I prefer a richer consistency -- this formula is quite thin. I would probably recommend this cleanser for younger girls who use something to remove makeup before actually washing their face - that is, if they can afford it.

May 01, 2009

I have been using this cleanser for about 3 weeks now and have noticed a big improvement in my skin. Way less breakouts, redness and my skin looks brighter. Plus it smells great! It is expensive but you really don't need a lot of it so it should last a long time.

January 13, 2009

I have recently started using the Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser, which I have also added to my skin care kit, and I'm really pleased with its performance.

This cleanser is very gentle and comes in a gel form which feels soothing and refreshing when applied. I like the consistency as it is not too runny and as it is a gel you don't get any greasiness unlike some cream based cleansers I have tried.

You can remove the cleanser by rinsing it off or by using a dry cotton pad which is perfect if your using it in your makeup kit.

It is gentle enough to use around the eye area which I have done with absolutely no stinging or irritation and once removed my skin doesn't feel dry or striped and there is no residue.

I wasn't mad on the smell at first as I prefer a more clean and clinical smell as apposed to floral. This falls somewhere in the middle with a sort of 'natural plant extract' smell but i got over that quickly and don't mind it at all now.

What Dermologica say...
Recommended for environmentally sensitised skin.

An extremely gentle cleansing gel-cream designed to shield against external environmental assaults with Dermalogica’s exclusive Anti-Ozonate Complex. Contains Lavender, Echinacea and Raspberry extracts for their calming properties.

Effectively removes eye makeup and can be either rinsed off or removed with cotton. Leave no irritating residue and is formulated for even the most hypersensitive skin that cannot tolerate water. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour.

December 25, 2008

This is one of my favourite purchases of 2008. I was looking for an alternative cleanser from the Cetaphil I had been using for the past few years. I was getting couple of blemish spots on my cheeks and bumps on my forehead, so I decided to splurge on the Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser. I've read great reviews about this, so I was pretty confident of the quality of the product. And boy was I right! The Ultra Calming Cleanser, much like my Cetaphil, has a thick, opaque and creamy texture. It doesn't create foam which I really like (I live my cleansers clean!). After three weeks of this, my blemishes have slowly disappeared and the bumps on my forehead are no more! Mind you, I've also been going au natural everyday so the no-make up fuss may also have contributed to my "clearer" face. Personally, this cleanser is an investment as I don't have to waste make up to cover my dark spots! Also, it's keeping my face healthy and hydrated, especially for the winter. All you need is really a dime size portion every day and you will eventually see results within a month. Yes, it is expensive. Its $80~ for a bottle. However, you can't compare it to drug store brands because you really get what you pay for!

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products