Estee Lauder Limited Edition Palette
Good

Estee Lauder Limited Edition Palette Reviews

Ranked #992 out of 1111 in Eye Shadow

August 06, 2014

This is for EL eyeshadows in general.
The eyeshadows were reformulated in 2010 (?) and now have better staying power and pigmentation than the previous reviewer noted.
All limited edition palettes are the same quality as their singles, which is different than lots of other brands who often stick in lower quality versions in limited edition sets (I'm looking at you...Stila)
That said, if you can get a Holiday Blockbuster with a palette, or a GWP, give these a try. I know EL doesn't get a lot of love in the North American beauty world as lots of people see it as old lady makeup, but the quality is outstanding and the blend ability as well as the colour range is outstanding.

(Note that Estee Lauder owns MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, etc so maybe the great formulation is from t hem all using their great ideas...)

February 25, 2009

* Smokey
* Ginger "Light"
* Ginger "Dark"

My Thoughts:
I picked this up because it has a color range that I loved. I really like more natural toned colors but when it comes to purples and olives I become weak. I like to play up my looks with hints of these earthy tones. This palette seemed to have it all. It is a beautiful palette with a crocodile look. It is slim and would be easy to carry when traveling.
The downfall is that the texture of the shadows make it difficult to blend. Even with a light handed blended the color starts to disappear. Instead of the Berry Ice looking like a stunning berry purple on my lids it looked like a washed out ash berry color. I tried using these wet and over MAC Cream Colour base. Nothing worked and I was left with a sheer mess on my lids. That colors look lovely in the case and I had high hopes for this palette. It is really too bad that Estee Lauder did not take the time to create a better texture. I have tried a few other Estee Lauder eyeshadows and they had a much nicer finish.
Since this is a limited edition palette I am not going to link to it since it will probably be removed once it is sold out. You can find it on the site under the eyeshadows section while it is in stock for $25 if you like sheer shadows or you would rather not blend your shadows.

happy6400 added a new review for
Honey Nut Cheerios

debrar67 added a new review for
Honey Nut Cheerios

debrar67 earned the Food & Drink Guru badge

j.beauty has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

debrar67 added a new review for
Dove White Beauty Bar

BigAl added a new review for
Dairy Queen DQ Cakes

BigAl earned the Food & Drink Guru badge

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
Christmas