Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner Reviews

Ranked #435 out of 539 in Conditioner

September 23, 2016

The big selling point for me is being over 90% biodegradable. This conditioner is light-weight and yet very effective. It feels like it rinses out well, and it leaves your hair manageable and tangle-free. And this is coming from someone with fairly coarse, naturally curly hair! I like it enough that I've purchased it a few times, and that is high praise for me.

June 13, 2011

I received the new Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Conditioner as a free sample, but I’m pretty sure it sells for around $3.99. They says it’s powered by antioxidant rich Acerola Berry and this formula also contains NO paraben, silicone or dye. The web site says this is supposed to boost the health of your hair and scalp and it claims it’s the first biodegradable formula from Fructis. They say it will leave your hair refreshingly clean and recharged, while not weighing your hair down, leaving your hair 10 x stronger, 4 x healthier. How ever I was not impressed with this conditioner at all. It did nothing to help get the knots out of my hair. That by the way got that way after I tried they’re shampoo that goes with this conditioner. When my hair was dry it still felt dirty and flat, it just hung there like a dirty old rag. My hair didn’t even have a nice clean smell to it, it was just there hanging around looking and feeling like crap. I would never spend my money on a full bottle of the new Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Conditioner and I’m happy it was only a sample and could be washed out.

April 10, 2011

I read about this conditioner in an article about hair products without parabens, and since I love to use natural products when I can I was looking forward to trying this out. It has no silicone, no paraben and no dye. It seemed to have a nice texture and a light, pleasant fruity scent. The price was a lot better than what you usually pay for natural products, and I attributed this to the fact that it was a bigger name company that could afford to sell it for a bit less. Unfotunately, as they say, you get what you pay for.
I had to use a lot of the conditioner to cover all my hair, but it would seem to "disappear" into my hair - I don't know how else to put it - to the extent that it felt like there was nothing to rinse away (of course, I still rinsed it well). Most conditioners will help to detangle your hair a bit, and this one did not, not at all.
The worst part, however, was how my hair felt and looked when it was dry - greasy, dull, and weighed down. It felt worse than before I washed it, and it was impossible to style in any way.
My husband and I used it for over a week, and we both disliked it so much we ended up throwing it out (and I hate to throw things out!) Too bad.