MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass Reviews

Ranked #325 out of 655 in Lip Gloss

Two high-powered effects - Lustre and Glass - in one new lip finish. This amazing ornamental finish shines the lips with hi-shine overlaid with various tones of pearlized glaze. Beyond sexy. Transcends all known shine.

April 24, 2016

Amazingly shiny, beautiful color and good price. A little goes a long way! I've worn mac fir years and it wa the first makeup I ever owned! A weakness is define for MAC!

August 14, 2013

Okay, now, there are different formulas in the same tube.

I think I love MAC LustreGLASS and LipGLASS. They offer the most pigment and pretty textures.

(But, I hate MAC LipGLOSS. It's a weird sticky formula and it strips my lips.)

So, if you love MAC but bought the wrong lip product, stick to glosses that say GLASS (not gloss) !!!

June 30, 2012

Love the feel and I like the way it makes my mouth looks

October 24, 2010

I think the price could be better but hey, we're talking about MAC here. The gloss isn't too sticky, but the glitter, can be a bit much but not as bad as the Dazzleglass. There is a wide variety of colors as well, which I do love. All, in all I will continue to buy my staple Lustreglasses.

May 31, 2010

I have a few of these and I like them a lot. They are a little pricey, but a good product none the less. I really like the wand applicator. I prefer using the brush handle more than those sponge tips that people tend to use. A great product in general.

May 30, 2010

I've been using this MAC product for quite a few years. My latest favorite, which I keep buying and buying is the Love Nectar color. For some reason this shade works very well with my skin. I have tried so many glosses and lipsticks and have to say, that next to my favorite Isomers lip gloss, this stuff is almost number 1 for me. But Isomers comes in first :-) hahaha

Yes, it's somewhat glittery, but the shades are gorgeous and seem to work on a lot of skin tones. Which is more than I can say for their lipsticks. THOSE make me look like a drunken monkey. But Love Nectar, wow.....beautiful color, love the applicator (brush, not sponge) - I detest sponge applicators as you have to keep re-dipping your damn brush and it feels like as you're trying to apply more, you're wiping it off at the same time.

A couple of things I don't like about it are the dinky sized tube, el cheapos, the fact that it makes my lips feel strangely, uncomfortably warm and that the glitter bits in there can feel a bit abrasive sometimes. Weird. The smell/taste also turns me off. Considering the price, they could have added a nice essential oil to it to cut through that crap. And let's not get started on the stinking price. Isomers is all-around better AND cheaper. But for the color, amazing. I can use it alone, over lipsticks I hate, alone with a touch of loose highlighting pigment in the middle of my top and lower lip (deadly looking), and on and on. It's definitely versatile. It does not, however, have the best staying power. For that, Isomers wins again.

Yes, my hair gets stuck in it constantly. Mine is long and one damn gust of wind is all I need to happen to make me feel like the Happy Hairball. Not an attractive look. Excuse me while I remove my mop from my mouth. It's happened many times when I'm outdoors talking to people. But the color literally brightens up my face. Don't know how to explain it, but it does. Many people have even commented on it and asked me where I got it because it looks so great.

I wish Isomers would dupe this color and mix it up with their formula!

April 10, 2010

I love MAC's lipgloss becaue it is soooo thick and sticky, it doesn't come off nearly as fast as other lipglosses. The only downside to MAC is that the colour seems to fade after a while, even though the gloss is still on your lips, but other than that, I still keep buying MAC all the time.

September 18, 2009

I do love the colour selection available in MAC's lustreglass lip formula.
I dont necessarily NEED all those sparkles in my gloss, but the texture is great and i love the look!

August 13, 2009

I love MAC glosses - amazing selection, easy to find, and great colors! What more can a chick ask for?

The lusterglass line is a lighter feeling gloss than their others with a less goopy texture and a brush type wand instead of the sponge. I love the color selection and they're perfect in the summers for me. Love Nectar and Beaux are 2 of my fave colors from this line and seem to flatter everyone! Incredibly shiny and very pretty. Love this gloss line and reasonable prices too.

I don't know why it says at the top of the page that you can buy MAC at Sephora... I've never seen MAC there. To my knowledge, you can only buy it at MAC stores, the Bay and online at maccosmetics.

June 24, 2009

I've been using MAC lipgloss for a long time and I love it!!! They give such a gorgeous shine!!! It is a bit sticky though so I'd suggest putting some chapstick on first - but honestly, that happens with almost any lipgloss!!! Well worth it and it's long lasting!!