MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot in Soft Ochre Reviews

Ranked #828 out of 1113 in Eye Shadow

A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.

October 02, 2016

This product is very useful for unifying the eyelid and hide redness and veins. You can also use a small amount under your eyes because the yellow tone will counter blue dark circles.

But, you have to be careful and use a very small amount because it dries fast and can look quite caky. It also a bit hard to apply because it's thick and again, it dries fast. I would suggest to apply it with your fingers to keep it warm instead of using a brush.

Since it's kind of expensive, I don't think it's really worth it. There's plenty of drugstore products that can do the same thing. Personally I rather use a tiny bit of BB creme.

June 08, 2016

My mom purchased me one of these for Christmas a few years back. I liked it for the most part except, it dried out. I feel as if it was too expensive to dry out like it did. Other than that it is a good eyeshadow base and can stand one as an eyeshadow

April 22, 2015

got it for a month and i really like cause its not to sticky for me. and it hides some darkness on my eyelids.

Updated On: April 22, 2015

pops i mean YOU BETCHA

April 06, 2015

Love using this or painterly to prime my eyelids. Works well, and doesn't crease all day!

April 06, 2015

"MAC Soft Ochre Pro Longwear Paint Pot" in the colour "Soft Ochre"

Let me start off by saying just how versatile this product is. Holy smokes, I don't know if there's anything it can't do. The paint pot itself was developed to be a cream eyeshadow and eye primer product. This shade specifically is a soft skin colour, with a yellow base. It is able to be applied in a thin layer over the eyelid, or thicker to show more pigment, being worn alone as a shadow or underneath shadows to provide longevity for the pigment and smooth, crease-free wear.

I purchased this product from MAC about two months ago for $25CAN, and as you can see, it's gotten much love. There is no other eye product that I have tried as a primer that can hold shadow this well, especially considering just how much I put my face through in a given day. IT. DOES. NOT. MOVE. The pigment itself is perfect for my olive skin tone, and because of that, even wearing it as eyeshadow to minimize the look of the pink and red veins I have naturally on my eyelid is more than effective.

You see this product ERRYWHERE, especially being used by Pro Makeup artists on youtube and instagram. I initially heard of this product from a instagrammer/ProMUA @mykie_ (check her out!), and I knew I had to give it a go. Man do I not regret that decision.

MAC also offers their paint pots in other shades, coming to a grand total of 24. They include: Layin' Low, Genuine Treasure, Dangerous Cuvee, Camel Coat, Constructivist, Rubenesque, Groundwork, Painterly, Frozen Violet, Chrome Angel, Chilled on Ice, Let's Skate, Antique Diamond, Stormy Pink, Bare Study, Quite Natural, Tailor Grey, Blackground, Let me Pop, Vintage Selection, Clearwater, Indianwood, Perky and Soft Ochre.

The most popular skin tones that I personally have seen used is Soft Ochre, Painterly and Camel Coat. I have recently purchased Indianwood and Quite Natural to use on clients who have a darker complexion as a shadow base and eye primer.

December 12, 2014

The best eye primer+base!!! Looks like a concealer so can be used under any eyeshadow. Attracts colours like a magnet and does not crease for up to 10+ hours. My favourite eye product.

November 16, 2014

I finally decided to pick one of these up, and I have to say this products is well worth it. I have the shade "painterly" which is very close to skin color with a bit of peachy undertone. I love using this all over my eyelid, especially if I'm in a rush, this is all I wear with eyeliner and mascara. It brightens up my eyes instantly. The product glides on smoothly and it has a nice coverage (covers redness). This is now a staple in my everyday makeup bag.

November 02, 2014

I love to use this both as an eye primer and an under eye concealer, I know it's not meant to be used as a concealer but it works for me. It makes my eyeshadow pop brighter and nicer and makes blending more easy.

August 04, 2014

my favorite paint pot from mac is soft ochre i get so many compilments i would totally recommend this

March 31, 2014

I'm a big oily lid person and amazed how this worked wonders for me. The eyeshadow stay true to what this product describes.long lasting and great base for eyeshadows

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml