Make Up For Ever Professional Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation Reviews

Ranked #182 out of 595 in Foundation

What it is:
A shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation.

What it is formulated to:
Hides imperfections, evens out skintone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours.

What else you need to know:
Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs—a little goes a long way.

Research results:
-Study panel composed of 22 adults (using a 48 hour patch test) showed this product to be non-irritating and non-comedogenic.

Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

October 03, 2016

I love this stuff!

It is exactly what I wanted. It feels light with amazing coverage. I accidently bought it and hadn't tried it before purchasing it. I couldn't believe it when I first applied it. I don't think I would ever buy another type of foundation. very fast application and not a lot of product required. Best foundation I have used in a very long time.

September 17, 2016

I have oily skin and this was recommended by a Sephora employee. It is amazing! The price is a bit steep so I don't use it as my everyday low maintenance foundation but it is so good. It is crazy matte, not heavy or cakey though and it keeps the shine away usually all day unless its crazy hot or something!

July 01, 2016

I was recommended this product by a specialist at Sephora. I am so pleased and happy with the advice she gave me. It has great coverage and it is build-able. I have really oily skin and the foundation feel so light and I have less shine on my face. It's a bit pricey since I am so used to buying drug store products but I wanted to splurge a little more for a high-end one, it's definitely worth every penny!

July 01, 2016

Simply AMAZING!!! Make Up For Ever Professional Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation is one of the best foundations out there. Its consistency is perfect. It's not too runny nor too thick, like other foundations are. You can get that light or full coverage you're looking for in this product. It's perfect for women like me with oily skin. This foundation is so light it feels like you don't have foundation on. Although it is a bit expensive, it is completely worth every penny. Why purchase other foundations that aren't good and waste your money. This product is the one of the best. Believe me, you won't regret buying this foundation. Highly reccomend it.

April 15, 2016

This is currently my ultimate favourite, high-end foundation that doesn't break the bank. Yes, it's fairly expensive but a bit more affordable than my "if-I-were-allowed-to-splurge" foundation.

Like a trusted old friend, this one gets my combo-oily skin. Long wearing, mattifying, full coverage and LIGHT feeling, this gorgeous mama has it all. I'm amazed that such a light feeling formula can cover as well as this one.

LOVE IT. GET IT!

April 09, 2016

This is one of the best foundations I've used. It is a bit expensive but a little goes a long way. The coverage is excellent without feeling heavy. It smooths the skin and doesn't get caught in wrinkles! I've received many compliments on my face while wearing it.

March 24, 2016

I would not typically spend so much on makeup, but this product is great - I use it on a daily basis. It applies smoothly and lasts fairly long. It's a high-end brand, so that is to be expected from their products. I was not disappointed.

March 22, 2016

I was surprised how much i liked this foundation !
it leaves a matte finish and it gives good coverage, i dont have acne or many blemishes so for me this was perfect coverage, I would recommend this to anyone !

March 22, 2016

This is the most I have ever spent on a foundation $47.00 CAD was it worth it, I am not too sure if I were to compare it to my current love the Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation it would not be able to compete but as a high end foundation it was effective. It provided full coverage, matte finish but I found it make my skin look dry or lack luster don't get me wrong it is a decent foundation but I feel it is a more suitable foundation for spring/fall when the weather is not too hot but not too cold. I will test this foundation again in the summer to see what result I have then make another review to tell you my opinion.

January 28, 2016

My go-to foundation. Very mattifying, so it's great for people with oily skin, or for those who like a matte look to their make up.