• Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick Reviews

1 review
Ranked #379 out of 1014 in Lipstick

September 25, 2016

I received a deluxe sample of this in the shade N9 with a Sephora Birthday Gift. I find everything about this lipstick to be quite average.

The shade that I have is supposed to be a "universally flattering" copper pink colour. It's not a copper pink, but more of a darker, neutral brown-red. It doesn't look bad, but it's also not the shade that it's supposed to be, and certainly not how it appears on the website. (For reference, I've uploaded the photo from Sephora's website as well as a photo of the product I have both in the tube and on my lips.)

The pigmentation is good when applied, but fades both quickly and easily throughout the day. This is supposed to be a satin lipstick with a translucent and shiny finish, but I find that it's somewhere between a satin and a matte, and certainly not translucent or overly shiny.

This lipstick also claims to be highly moisturizing, with 8-hour hydration. I find that it's quite the opposite, and that it's very dry on the lips, one of the driest formulas I've worn over the past few years.

In essence, this lipstick is simply not as advertised, in any way -- when it comes to colour, finish, or moisture. If it hadn't claimed something so different, I may not feel as strongly as I do, but it almost strikes me as a completely mislabelled product. I personally would not recommend it.