Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 1080 in Lipstick

Available in eight intense, stay-true shades: Bashful You, Rich Truffle, Mauve Moment, Always Apricot, Powerful Pink, Poppy Please, Midnight Red, and Crushed Berry

• The lightweight gel formula glides on smoothly and cushions lips, leaving them feeling soft and supple
  • Advanced “Cushion Matrix Technology” utilizes ultrafine silica microspheres to embed and retain colour on the surface of the lip
  • Formulated to provide a soft-focus effect, with optical enhancers included to scatter light and blur the appearance of minor imperfections
  • Contains ingredients such as sunflower oil and jojoba esters to help condition lips
For more information, please visit MaryKay or ask your Independent Beauty Consultant

February 22, 2017

I got my lipstick in Mauve Moment with my Premium package. The lipstick goes on well and doesn't seem to dry out my lips. I haven't tried a Mary Kay lipstick in a very long time and was pleasantly surprised. The colour is not for me, as it makes me look like a clown. That was a little disappointing. Overall, I would try their lipstick again.

February 21, 2017

I'm very impressed by this semi matte lipstick. It lasted for a long time before I needed to reapply (and let's be honest, all lipsticks, no matter what they claim, will need to be touched up at some point during the day.) The colour was very flattering, and I quite liked the matte finish on me.
    It was a little bit dry, but I applied a lip balm (a lip rimer would also work) underneath the 2nd or 3rd time I wore it, and that really helped with any dry feeling.
    Not as moist as the Mary Kay True Dimensions lipstick (which are so moisturizing you feel like you're wearing gloss), but still a really nice lipstick. It's just as good, if not better, as most of the "Department store brand" lipsticks, so I'd say it's worth the price.
    Definitely recommend!

February 20, 2017

I got the Mauve Moment in my ChickAdvisorPremium welcome bag.
    I like the semi-matte aspect of it, it's not a bad look. I didn't find it transfers too much onto coffee cups. In my opinion it's not a lipstick that looks good without any other makeup on - have to do full foundation/powder/finish and so on.

Colour doesn't work on me at all, i'm too pale and pink for it. May look better on a natural brunette or a more olive skintone. Also noticed there is a huge difference in the colour in natural daylight vs. artificial light; in daylight it is pink with purple coming through, indoor light it has a darker, warmer brownish and more subdued tone (more close to the mauve in its name).

It's a bit pricey though, there are equally good products that can be found that cost much less.

February 18, 2017

I love the mauve moments color, quality is great goes on smooth, I just wish it had more staying power but saying that I would purchase, MaryKay has quality products!

February 18, 2017

I received the mauve moment colour from ChickAdvisor as part of my Premium welcome bag. The colour doesn't suite me at all, but I am not reviewing the colour, but the lipstick. It goes on well, seems to be moisturizing until it drys and then it drys out your lips. It smudges. runs and has to be re-applied frequently, overall for my first ever Mary-Kay product it was horrible.

February 13, 2017

I received this lipstick from ChickAdvisor as part of my Premium welcome bag.
    The color I received was "mauve moment". I'm a very pale woman with light features, and this lipstick color is too dark for me.
    The lipstick glides on easily but does not feel moisturizing (doesn't seem to dry my lips out, which is good - but I feel like I need a top gloss coat with it!)
    The lipstick doesn't last! It rubs off on everything. This lipstick would have to be reapplied constantly throughout the day. It came off on my cups, my clothes...everything. Not impressed!
    Overall, this lipstick is okay. I certainly wouldn't pay $21 for it - I'll be sticking with my $10 Revlon ultra-moisturizing-long-lasting drugstore lipstick.
    This product is very overpriced for a lipstick that's only okay. I do not recommend this product at all.

February 13, 2017

I received Mauve Moment in my Chick Advisor welcome back. I was immediately drawn to the colour, it is perfect for my skin tone. It applies evenly, and lasts a good while. Didn't moisturize my lips, but didn't dry them out either. At $21 I will have to see how long it lasts to decide if I would purchase again.

February 11, 2017

I really like this! I got Mauve Moment in the chick advisor bag and I love it! It applies really well and this colour actually really works well with my skin! It is not very moisturizing but not many lipsticks are

February 09, 2017

Received in the chick advisor premium sample box. Mauve moment. Really like the shade. Suits my skin. Not normally a lipstick girl but will continue to wear this.

1.5/5

February 07, 2017

Underwhelmed is the word I'd use. This came in a very basic and usually flattering to me mauve shade in my January Premium box and it went on and immediately migrated to the back of my lower lip and created a glob. The colour sat on the top of my lips and faded quickly. Granted i'm not a huge fan of lipstick but generally i have to take it off to eat or if i want to reapply as I'm not one of those people that eats off lipstick. I also found my lips dryer than normal today. Disappointing.

Updated On: February 12, 2017

I didn't notice until after i posted my review the price of this lipstick. decidedly not worth it.