Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison Book by Piper Kerman Reviews

Ranked #279 out of 960 in Books

May 15, 2016

The WORST thing about this show is having to wait an entire year for the release of a new season. I can't be the only person who takes the entire day away when a new season is released just to binge watch until my eyeballs are dry and red. This show is insane, the character development is incredible, you never really know what to expect and it's absolutely hilarious while still giving you real feelings and connections towards the characters. It's so raw, it's hard to watch just one episode of this show, you'll be hooked!

September 30, 2015

I got this after getting into the Netflix show. I guess I was expecting more of what happened in the show that when I read the book, it wasn't quite as good to me. It's still interesting to read about her experiences and I'd still recommend it, but this book didn't do anything for me.

July 02, 2015

Great and easy read. I read the book before the Netflix show. I loved the show but was confused with all the changes. Book was better in my opinion.

June 16, 2015

Although I have never watched the Netflix Series - I received Orange Is The New Black by Piper Kerman in soft cover last Christmas. Finally got around to reading it last week! Was a very interesting and insightful read. Not fast paced or suspenseful at all - but a nice easy read with some great angles on what prison life is really like and how the justice system is flawed - but all we have. I definately enjoyed it and would recommend it!