Orly Bonder Reviews

Ranked #1328 out of 1413 in Nail Polish

June 28, 2016

I have never been so disappointed in a product! I purchased this after reading many wonderful reviews here, as well as on other websites and I absolutely regret doing so. This base coat makes my manicure chip even more quickly than usual. Every single time I've used this base coat my nail polish chips within an hour of application. The biggest waste of $14 I've ever spent!

March 30, 2016

I paint my nails every week and after a day (sometimes less) they start to chip. I have my hands in water pretty consistently so this is a problem no matter how many top coats/ brands I've tried. However, this blonder is a miracle! I painted my nails and they lasted (even with hot showers and dish washing) for 4 days before they chipped. That's a record for me. I'd definitely recommend this!

Updated On: April 14, 2016

I just noticed that it says the average price for this is $5.99. I paid almost $15 at Sally's beauty supply so I'm not sure if that's American dollars but it's definitely not that cheap! However after using it a few more times it's worth every penny

January 16, 2016

The best basecoat! It's a rubber basecoat, so the nail polish really sticks to your nails longer! Brilliant!

January 16, 2015

Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat is a fabulous base coat for your nail polish. I find it really makes your nail polish last a lot longer than regular base coats. I tried this one after being so disappointed with my polish chipping within 24 hours. I luv it.

September 30, 2014

I read people raving about Orly Bonder and finally caved -- so glad I did! It's my favourite base coat now! I has kind of a rubberized finish that grips to your nail and then grips to the polish. My manis last until I take them off with no chipping. Such an awesome product!

August 12, 2014

This is one of the best base coats on the market! Trust me, I've tried most of them!

It's hard to find, but it's worth the effort. The application is quick and gives a very thin and smooth matte base. It's lovely for getting your polish to adhere to your nails and it's smooth and definitely reduces chipping. Stain prevention is average, but the chip reduction/enhancing polish wear is way above average. I can often get my pedicure to last for 3 weeks, and it's more the issue of new nail growth that leads to the polish change as opposed to chips!

Love this!

August 13, 2013

Orly Bonder has literally changed my life!! How so? Well ever since I can remember I could only wear nail plush for a couple of hours (even using a chip preventer,base coat, $17 nail polish and a topcoat). I would have to put on nail polish just hours before the event I went to and knew by the end of the evening it would be chipped. I started using Orly Bonder a few months ago and WOW what a difference. It's a rubberized base coat which looks great (not too thick or gloppy). The application is easy (nice brush on it) and its dry time isn't very long either. So my routine now is the chip preventer, Orly Bonder, nail polish then top coat. My manicure lasts for DAYS! My French manicure lasted a good 5 days. The regular nail polish lasted about the same. For me this is a true miracle. Nothing had worked before. Thanks Orly for making this awesome product!

February 10, 2009

I can now admit it - I am a nail polish addict.

So, I want my polish to stay on without chipping or peeling. Is that too much to ask when we are now spending a small fortune for a bottle of good quality nail polish? The answer was "yes" until a few weeks ago.

I was using CND Stickey for a few months and was not seeing any REAL difference in the amount of chipping or peeling I was getting in only a couple of days (2) of a manicure. I decided to throw more money out the window in the hope of finding a miracle and bought Orly Bonder. This was the BEST money I have spent in a LOOOONG time. The first time I used it, I went six, YES 6, days with only two chips which were really my fault as I hit my nails very hard on something. Since then, I can go about a week without any major damage to my mani. I haven't gone longer as I now change my mani because I WANT to, not HAVE to.

I use it over Sally Hansen Nail Quencher Base Coat. I have heard that if you use Bonder alone it can yellow your nails. I have had no yellowing using it over a base coat. I then apply 2-3 coats of polish and finish with Seche Vite Top Coat. This is a winning combination for me but Bonder has really made the difference. Even with cheapie nail polishes!

This can be bought anywhere Orly polishes are sold. Try it - I think you'll be happy!