Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #19 out of 971 in Facial Cleansers

Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

January 16, 2017

i was lucky to buy huge bottle for 15$ during sale at sephora and i liked it very much. It is mild, dissolves makeup very gently and effective. It is second my favorite cleanser after Shu Uemura cleansing oil. Though this is much better value.

January 07, 2017

philosophy doesn't dissapoint. I've tried so many face cleansers which have all dried my face after using and which have made me break out. I find with this purity cleanser not only does it take off the left over makeup on your face but it is so gentle on the face. After washing it off you can just notice a difference right away. it leaves me feeling fresh and my skin is still soft! I love pairing this product up with hope in a jar.

November 30, 2016

I love giving Philosophy as gifts. The brand seems very sophisticated and premium. The packaging is fun and always catches my eye. The scent is lovely and it cleans very well.

November 27, 2016

A great cleanser. Takes every last bit of makeup off after a long day. Very gentle and great for sensitive skin. Doesn't break me out and I have sensitive, combination skin that is acne prone.

Would definitely repurchase.

November 27, 2016

This product is amazing. I buy the 12oz bottles and they last me over half a year, and thats with using it morning and night and to clean my make up brushes. This product really leaves your face feeling clean. It may seem a bit expensive for the product however, it last for ever!

October 17, 2016

I did received this product gratis but ..... WAIT .....
    this is one of the most amazing multipurpose cleanser ever
    my 11 year old son even loves it. It's gentle yet thorough and you can use it for Your kids - It's sensitive skin friendly.
    You can have the most beautiful bubble bath too - More like a foam bath

September 11, 2016

i dont know..i tried liking this cleanser and didn't like it. i used it back to back for years and tried giving it the benefit of the doubt and i felt my makeup was still on my skin after washing. its so pricy for the amount you get too....eh

August 10, 2016

YES!! at last a cleanser that removes EVERYTHING without leaving my face feeling like nylon. i read the indigence. i can pronounce everything and its not a big list. I love that it smells amazing and it truly gets rid of all the make up, oils, and bacteria.

July 23, 2016

This cleanser is on the pricey side, however, I do find it an effective cleanser. It removes my make up and does not leave my skin feeling tight or dry. I alternate days with an exfoliator. Overall, a decent product.

June 08, 2016

I picked this up when I purchased a certain popular sonic face cleansing tool. I used the cleanser and tool together, after cleansing I felt a thick residue on my skin even after thorough rinsing. Then I started experiencing tons of deep breakouts. I immediately stopped both. When things started to improve I used the cleanser on its own, the breakouts got worse again. So I tucked it at the back of my medicine cabinet and forgot about it. Recently my skin has been great, minimal monthly breakouts. I decided to give this another shot when I ran out of my newer cleanser...big mistake! More giant deep breakouts appeared along my jaw... I've seen so many people who love this product, unfortunately I am not one of them. What a waste of product and money.

Updated On: June 29, 2016

I cannot believe I paid $52 cdn for this!! My Sephora haul was huge that day... I didn't realize the price until I read some other reviews. Wow. That is a lot of product going to waste. But I'm glad it's working so well for others!!

Caro9 has posted in the forum topic