Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner Reviews

Ranked #87 out of 591 in Eye Shadow

Shimmer Strips Custom Eyeliner, Eye Shadow & HighlighterDescription * 3-in-1 eye enhancing tool enhances your eye color with two color-coordinated shades that line, shadow and highlight. * Unique dual-ended wand features a pointed tip for lining & contouring and a rounded tip for shadowing & highlighting. * Easy to use and ultra-portable tool is ideal for touch-ups on the go. Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist Approved. Fragrance Free. Safe for Sensitive Eyes and Contact Lens Wearers.

Average Price:  $14

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

Steph_todhunter
May 27, 2014

I recently just purchased this item and overall I find it is great (a few small cons though). The variety of this product is amazing for me as I don't like buying multiple eyeshadows - it's very convenient for me. The colours are great because I don't like bold colours on my eyes. The cons of this product is the price (regular price) - I used a $5 off coupon that was on the product so I justifies spending $10 on this product. The other downside was the size of the brush that came with it but that was an easy fix, I just use one of my other brushes and use the one that came with it to do more of an eyeliner. Overall great product for me!

IloveM.A.C.
Apr 27, 2014

Expensive eyeshadow pallets are all the rage right now costing around $50, not this less than half price and every single color is gorgeous. Use wet or dry

rachie2024
Mar 31, 2014

i have the nude palette and i was so excited to get home and try these and was very disappointed! the colours are gorgeous and look great when swatched on my fingers but as soon as i tried to apply these with a brush it was a complete failure! There is almost no pigmentation at all...you really have to load up the brush. so if you use the sponge applicator i say go for it because it works much better but i would not recommend this product to anyone

awefilled
Mar 30, 2014

I like the shimmer strips eye shadows as they are so easy to blend together. That is probably a function of the shimmers, but they are called shimmer strips for a reason. I don't think that these should be marketed based on eye color, as the shades could work for anybody. I am not particularly fond of the bulky packaging, but I do think that it helps to protect the shadows, as I have dropped this many times, but the eyeshadow hasn't fallen out of the pan. The color payoff is pretty good, but very shimmery, and the colors also last pretty well. I would not recommend this to anyone who is looking for matte eyeshadows, as the shimmer strips line is well.. shimmery.

Updated On: Mar 30, 2014

I also think that those who use larger eyeshadow brushes may have some trouble reaching the color, as the lines of color are pretty small, but otherwise, smudge brushes, and smaller eyeshadow brushes have no trouble.

tannapayne
Sep 24, 2013

I have this one in Classic Nude. I love the colors and the shimmer.

Bvaughn
Feb 20, 2013

I have this palate in different shades of blues, I feel like this is very powdery and gets everywhere when I try to apply. I feel like it creases and needs to be reapplied every couple hours. Its great if your only going somewhere for an hour or two.

lissdawn
Sep 14, 2012

These are just ok for me, which is a surprise because physician's formula products have always been one of my favorites. I find these are not very pigmented at all and take a lot of layers. They are nice for a very 'natural' makeup look, except they are almost too shimmery to pull off. Overall good for highlighting but not great if you like good color payoff from your eye makeup.

Michele Lewis
Jun 26, 2012

i won't lie -- the only reason i justified buying this was because it looked nice. the quality of the shadows isn't really all the great. some are better than others but overall there were quite a few that were difficult to pick up on a brush. i don't like how all the colors touch -- it makes it difficult to pick up only one color, sometimes resulting in a muddy mess. the shadows don't have great color payoff/pigmentation, and some are difficult to blend. the colors are generally all the same.. just slightly different shades within the same palette which i find to be pretty but pointless. very disappointed, especially considering the price.

Tiffmorris
Jun 14, 2012

I love the colours they have for my green eyes, always very pretty. I would prefer something besides just different shades of pink for once though, and I hate that the colours are connected to each other so it becomes difficult to not pick up both colours at once and end up with a muddied mixture.

no1-mom
Nov 24, 2011

I like and hate this product. I like the shimmer and colors. the price could have been better. I hate the way the colors run into each other. You have to be really careful when applying because you mess up really easily. It's a Greg sample size, I whishing there was more shadow instead do little strips. No, it does not last all day, you have to re-apply.