Revlon ColorStay Makeup - Combination/Oily Skin Reviews

Ranked #370 out of 595 in Foundation

February 18, 2016

I've been using this foundation for a little over two years now and I have purchased well over 4 bottles. I find for a mass foundation, it is still on the pricier end, but still a good alternative to the higher end foundations. It is a full coverage formula and dries with a satin finish. I usually set it with a powder, because I prefer a matte look, but you could get away with leaving it as is. I find that that it does oxidize a little, but I have very pale skin, and usually have this problem with even the lightest shades. I'm also unsure about how it works with Oily skin, but so far, not too shabby for dry :)

My skin type: dry, sensitive
My skin color: 110 Ivory (lightest shade)
How It applies the best: with a damp beauty blender

July 29, 2015

This make is simply put... high end make up modeled as a drug store beauty product. The product does dry to a matte finish and dry quickly. The coverage is build-able and does a good job with keeping oil at bay and it does not leave me feeling excessively dry since i have combination skin type.

November 25, 2014

Probably the best drugstore option for foundation - good coverage and doesn't get overly oily throughout the day. Love it!

September 09, 2014

It provides flawless coverage and lasts a long time. I still get oily on my nose after about 2 hours of wearing it but the rest of my face stays matte. The two downsides are not having a pump and it's so hard to find my shade - i am normally nc35. I ended up buying a lighter shade and putting some bronzer to compensate. If you can find your shade I'd say it's a good buy.

March 25, 2014

I have been using this foundation for about 3 years now and I always come back to it because it just works so great for me.I don't like using it as a foundation all over my face as I find it to be way too thick and it just feels gross and heavy on my face.What I do is I use it more as a concealer and just use it on my blemishes and problem areas and blend it in. I also sometimes mix it with my l'oreal true match foundation and I find it's the perfect combination because the l'oreal true match is very runny so it cancels out the thickness of the revlon foundation.I will continue to purchase this foundation.
I also found that it is MUCH cheaper in the states, it is only around 10$ vs 15-20$ here in canada.

March 01, 2014

This is a very good foundation. The smell can be off-putting however. This foundation lasts very long time, and is essentially waterproof. The coverage for this is medium to high, and it is sort of buildable. This dries VERY quickly and it is hard to blend it into the skin after it has dried. This does keep me matte throughout the day.

May 03, 2012

I was looking for a foundation that would stand up to a full day of wear without coming off. This foundation did the trick! I apply it over primer with a wedge sponge. I find it easy to layer, and very buildable in the places where I want more coverage. It looks quite natural, not chalky, and blends very well.

This foundation is very matte, so anyone looking for a dewy glow should probably look elsewhere or apply something shimmery over top.

It does a good job of controlling oil and shine, though it does slide off a bit if my skin is particularly oily.

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml