SK-II FAcial Treatment Essence Reviews

Ranked #857 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

ingredients Pitera suitable for all skin type

June 07, 2016

So I decided that it SK-II works for Cate Blanchette, it just might work for me. I found a three piece set at Sephora that included toner, the facial essence, and a mask. For some reason, it looks as if SK-II products are no longer available in Canada through Sephora? Weird!

First I decided to try the mask. I noticed immediate improvement in my skin. It was softer, and somehow the quality of my skin felt and looked more refined (smaller, less visible pores). I would definitely consider the mask for a special occasion.

Next the toner and the Facial Treatment Essence. The toner is 'meh.' It really didn't feel any different than the micellar water that I use. Certainly not a game changer.

But the Essence... The Holy Grail Product that so many beauty addicts refer to? I have been using the Facial Treatment Essence for 2 weeks now, and my skin has never looked or felt better.

I am 43 (aging skin with oiliness in the t-zone). My skin feels much more balanced with SK-II... no more mid-day oil slick. My skin tone is much more even, and feels moisturized but not greasy. My pores appear smaller, and I haven't had the patchy dryness that I sometimes get between my eyebrows.

It would be an ideal product, aside from a few issues:

1) Unfortunately there is no way I can continue to feed my children and use SK-II. It's incredibly expensive and once I have run out of this product, I will have a tough decision to make.... buy more... or sell a dependant?

2) I spent 2 days at the cottage without the Facial Treatment Essence and in that short time of stopping use, I had tons of tiny whitehead appearing around my nose and chin. Two days later with regular use and that problem has completely resolved. I am afraid of what will happen if I stop using this stuff!

Sadly, (because I cannot afford SK-II!) I really love this product. I don't really know why it works so well. Paula Begoun, my guru of beauty product reviews tells me there is no science backing this product... and essentially it is quackery, but my results have been really great. Please Maude, let me win the lottery so I can continue using SK-II! I would absolutely love to try more products from this line but not in my current income bracket!

March 21, 2016

I use all of SK-II products and love them. But, this one is terrible. Its basically just putting water on your face and waiting for it to dry. Ive been using this product for about 6 months now and have not noticed a difference. Just using it up while it lasts. The good thing about this products is that it lasts for a long time!

April 30, 2015

Love this! I use with the Sk-II toner and they're the best combo..

October 30, 2013

I seriously don't understand the hype about this toner. I feel really disappointed because I didn't see any effect for my skin. Also it wasn't hydrating, smell strange and extremely expensive.

January 27, 2010

I first tried this product when living in Hong Kong. Although it wasn't cheap, I thought I would give it a try as it had a great reputation in Asia. I later learned that Cate Blanchett (who I believe has amazing skin) is a spokesperson for this line of product - she is featured on their website. Need I say more? To effectively use this product, it is best applied daily and underneath your moisturizer. It acts like a toner but has more of a moisturizing effect, not a drying effect like most toners have. Essentially what I found was this product evens the look of my face, no more dry or oil spots, it nicely balances my skin and gives it a glowing look. Now I tell anyone who listens how great this product is. Again, its not cheap but well worth the investment to youthful, looking skin.