• The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Balm
  • The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Balm

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Balm Reviews

Ranked #86 out of 943 in Facial Cleansers

November 07, 2016

This is a solid oil that will immediately melt upon contact with skin because of body heat. I usually start with applying it on my face and do my eye makeup last because I don't want to drag the eye makeup around the rest of my face. I find that this gets my eye makeup more effectively with very minimal residue so that's always a plus. At $16 (or less with promo) this is definitely a repurchase.

August 26, 2016

i adore this product. It really makes for easy and gentle makeup removal. I love to use this on my lips when i have a more than stubborn lip stain on. And the smell is nice... not too overwhelming!

June 06, 2016

Works great for stubborn makeup removal (think waterproof mascara or dark red lips). It can be a bit tricky to apply with anything other than the Muslim cloth or an old shirt. Cotton pads don't work quite as well. I also love to use this to remove hair dye staining on my hairline after root touch ups! I'm a vibrant red, so stained skin is inevitable but this takes it off in a jiff!

June 01, 2016

I wanted to try this product for make up removal. I don't find that it has an over powering scent and the feel is really good on the skin. I did discover another use for this product. I use it to clean my makeup brushes. I dip them into the balm and rub the brush into the palm of my hand. It breaks down the make up in the brush and they come out completely clean. I love the product for cleaning my brushes but I find it to heavy for my oily skin. It would work great on dry or combination skin.

February 23, 2016

Suitable for all skin types including sensitive, a little goes a long way with this cleanser. Use a quarter sized amount and gently massage onto dry skin. The texture is very malleable, a bit like candle wax so it might throw you off at first. Rinse with warm water using either a muslin cloth or a wet face cloth. My sensitive, oily, acne prone skin was left feeling super soft, and I’m happy to report that it didn’t break me out. This cleanser works overtime to dissolve pore clogging make up and even helped to calm my skin. I was worried that like a lot of eye make up removers, it would sting when applied near my eyes. Luckily it lived up to its mild reputation, and there was no irritation thanks to an ingredient list that includes soothing camomile extract. The mild floral scent might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it doesn’t linger. I did find that it was a bit on the greasy side, so you can always follow up with a mild foaming cleanser to make sure nothing is left behind. Or apply it dry before hopping into the shower and use with a Clarisonic Cleansing Brush.

October 21, 2015

I use this cleanser every day to remove my makeup. It smells great, but it's not strong at all. The product feels super luxurious when applying. It removes mascara and eyeliner well, and washes off easily. The oily texture makes it feel like it'll do a way better job at removing waterproof mascara and eyeliner. This also lasts a super long time and doesn't appear to have an expiry date. Absolutely will repurchase.

July 16, 2015

I love this balm. Not only does it remove my makeup but it also leaves my face feeling so soft. I'm a big fan of the simple smell and love that it removes my waterproof eye makeup. Oh and the bonus is that you don't waste product putting it on a cotton pad. Adore!

June 10, 2015

I use this as a makeup remover and it's one of the best ones I've tried. It removes every last trace of makeup ( including water proof mascara) without leaving my skin feeling tight or irritated. When I'm wearing really stubborn water proof makeup I like to use it with a konjac sponge to help get it all off. I have very acne prone skin and this product did not break me out at all and I've repurchased it twice since i first tried it and I am still loving. If you're in the market for a good makeup remover you should definitely give this one a go.

May 08, 2015

I have thin tiny lashes and sensitive eyes and skin. I wear waterproof mascara, and I keep trying new products to see if I can find one that works better. I am going to stop looking now! Body Shop's sumptuous cleansing butter is amazing! It just melts into your lashes and melts off my waterproof mascara. With other eye makeup removers I end up with little flakey bits, but this just melts it away. I just use my fingers to apply it, as rubbing my eyes with cotton pads irritates my skin, I just wipe once to remove it. It doesn't sting my eyes, and it has a very light fresh scent. You can use this for your whole face of you like.

April 23, 2015

I use this as the first step of the nightly routine. Massage into dry skin and remove with a warm, wet facecloth. Works great at removing all of my makeup. I follow with a cleanser to further clean the skin.

indykat has posted in the forum topic
Stitches

KieliAnne earned the Beauty Expert badge

KieliAnne earned the Elite Reviewer badge

TessaO added a new review for
Oball - Grip & Play