Tuck Everlasting - Natalie Babbitt

Tuck Everlasting - Natalie Babbitt Reviews

1 review
Ranked #187 out of 1016 in Books

March 24, 2016

I think the first time I ever read Tuck Everlasting was when I was in middle school. Over the years I pick it up now and then as a quick read. A read that I love, even after all this time I still enjoy reading this quiet little story about the Tucks and Winnie.

I am past the age that this story was meant for, but it is still one of my favorite quick reads.

On the back cover of the book there is a review by Harper's and a line in it sums up this book quite nicely, it says:

"If this were Winnie Foster's story only, it would be like any other great adventure: you would come to the end, with all resolved and that would be that. But this is also the story of the Tuck family and therefore, though it has a beginning and a middle, it can never end."

This book, though as I have said is a quiet little book, with a quiet little backstory, in a quiet little town, a quiet little wood, with quiet people, still holds so much mystery and adventure.

A kidnapping, a murder, a jail break, immortal never ending life, great formed friendships, and spring of water that makes you live forever, and lets not forget the toad.

I will probably always continue to read this book every few years, just because it was a favorite when I was a child and I still enjoy it to this day.