Twilight by Stephenie Meyer Reviews

Ranked #4 out of 960 in Books

Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. This is the the 1st book in the Twilight Saga.

October 02, 2016

Absolutely LOVED this book! I loved the whole series. The story kept me captivated from start to finish. I read each book in 2 days as i could not put it down. I really wish i could find another series that kept me soo interested. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Very easy read.

September 17, 2016

I bought the books when I was in high school and started reading them, good series not so sure about the movies but thats with most books turned movies. Great series though.

1.5/5

September 15, 2016

I bought the first book when I was in my late teens. I've always enjoyed fantastical creatures, and vampire stories were some of my favourites. Being that I was part of the target demographic, I thought I would get at least some enjoyment out of this, but I was wrong.

This isn't worth the paper it's written on. The writing quality is lacklustre at best, with a pathetic cliche of a female protagonist who fawns over the pretty new boy in school. This book tries its best to paint Bella as not only someone relatable, but an actual heroine, and the author has failed terribly on both counts. She is neither relatable nor someone to look up to as she seems absolutely bound and determined to both heavily rely on the male love interests while simultaneously pushing them away in dramatic fashion.

I was hopeful that the second book may remedy the situation and push the story forward in some way, but sadly, it did not. There are plenty of other fantasy series out there that I would recommend, but this isn't one of them.

August 19, 2016

I had hoped to like this book. One of my friends loves this series and she never reads, another of my friends who is even more of a book worm then myself hated it. I had hoped that I would like it, but honestly I think that this is one of the worst series that I have tried to get through. I managed to read 2 of the books then gave up. There are so many better vampire books out there.

August 01, 2016

Quand ce livre est sorti, j'étais une jeune adolescente, j'ai lu ce livre en quelques jours seulement et la collection en même pas un mois. Je rêvais du prince charmant, mais rendu à l'âge adulte, je réalise que ce livre est bien bon, mais irréel. Je n'aime pas le fait qu'une humaine puisse tomber en amour avec un vampire. J'aime pas non plus le fait qu'il n'y ai pas beaucoup de sentiments. Bella est toujours-là, sans sentiments et ne s'exprime pas. Je n'aime plus ce roman et encore moins les films.

July 23, 2016

When this book was released, I really enjoyed it and purchased all of the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer. Would I purchase them now that I am in my 30s? Probably not. As a teenager though, these books were a great easy read.

May 16, 2016

Used to be obsessed with this book when it was popular but know I look at it and wonder what the heck I was thinking. Written terribly, total obvious outcomes, and very unlikeable characters (sparkly vampires).,

April 03, 2016

I was not a fan of this book. It isn't very well written: it seems like every other sentence ends in "...", and the characters in this book are very static and boring. I prefer books that have strong female leads, and twilight is the opposite of that. It seems like every time Bella goes out of Edward's sight, she almost gets killed. The ultimate female relying on a male. I don't think this book has any kind of role models for young women. The message is basically to fall in love with the most attractive boy you meet, even if he is moody and dangerous.

March 27, 2016

This is an easy read, the books are really better than the movies. Cute love story, completly addictive, when I started a book, I can't stop reading until the end!

March 27, 2016

I actually went out and got the box set of these books after watching the first movie and I liked reading the first book even better than watching it in the screen. I loved these books they were a good read.