Prestige Item
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara Reviews

Benefit they're real! Mascara is a jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. This exclusive brush is specifically designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing glossy formula-revealing lashes you never knew you had. Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length & volume beyond belief. Visit benefitscosmetics.com for more information.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2016
    2.3/5

March 16, 2019

Nope.

I got a free sample of this in the mail and I was super excited for it! Maybe I had too high of expectations, but oh man, was I ever disappointed. With my first application I found it too clumpy for my liking, so I washed it off and tried again. Reapplication looked better, but about 10 minutes inutes later when I looked in the mirror I noticed that the mascara was transferring to my undereye, I looked like I have black eyes lol.. I hadn't rubbed or even touched my eyes. So I ended up washing it off. I tried a third time a couple weeks later and same thing. I decided to try again today and ended up having to wash it off for the same reason. After that I just tossed it and decided I was happy that I didn't actually spend money on it. I will say though that it did deliver what it said it would, but what good is that if it doesn't stay put? I would definitely not recommend this product.

September 20, 2018

Not for me :(

Sadly I did not enjoy this mascara. I have stick straight lashes and unfortunately this particular mascara did not stand up to my expectations. It made the curl in my lashes straighten out almost immediately and the brush, while cool looking, nearly took my eye out. I think I would've enjoyed this more if I had naturally curled lashes. I would definitely try it again if they ever launched a waterproof version.

August 27, 2018

So so.

I wanted to love this stuff as I use several benefit products currently. It was clumpy no matter how I applied it, or ended up looking spidery. I didn't achieve a real look at all sadly.

2.2/5

August 03, 2018

Try Another Brand

Benefit - They're Real Mascara: I tried this brand last month for the entire month and will not be using it again. The con: The consistency of the mascara tends towards the watery side, so you have to apply liberal amounts of it (minimum 3 layers) to achieve a pop effect. The pro: the brush has relatively widely spaced teeth so you have greater control during application. Overall, I don't think this mascara is worth it.

July 18, 2018

Great length achieved!

It makes my lashes look very long! It’s not a volumizing product though. I have priced it out and not sure it’s worth the extra money. I think I’ll add another coat of something else to see if two products together create a wow effect! Thanks for the sample though, it won’t go to waste!

June 02, 2018

Nice mascara

I used to love this mascara, but I am not sure if the formula changed or I changed. It is not a favourite of mine anymore. It is nice, but not the best. I find it makes my lashes to clumpy and stick together to make it look like I have 5 lashes. The ball at the end of the wand is kind of nice to get at the corner lashes which are hard for me to do normally.

May 01, 2018

Pas si pire

Ils fait de beau cils.

Mais c’est Pas le meilleur des mascara.

Il me donne du volume mais je ne vais pas le racheter.

Il coute quand même assez cher et j’ai autant de qualité dans un autre moins dispendieux.

Je trouvais qu’il se promenait sur la paupière était dure à demaquiller

October 02, 2017

Is not what I expected

I heard many good reviews about this product, I found it smudged a lot and I looked like a racoon after 3-4 hours. It could be my eyeshape, (slightly hooded)
    I usually have to have waterproof makeup.

September 13, 2017

Not a fan.

I'm sadly not a fan of this mascara. I do not like the wand at all, the ball on the end always hits my fave somewhere causing me to ruin the makeup on that spot of my face. And the product itself inside of the tube is honestly no better than the E.L.F. mascara that I have. I would not recommend this at all.

August 31, 2017

Doesn't lead up to expectations

I liked this product, but for the price I paid, I would probably not purchase it again. It did build good volume, but also flaked off which I did not like!