• Brave - Disney Movie
  • Brave - Disney Movie

Brave - Disney Movie Reviews

Ranked #705 out of 1007 in DVD

October 12, 2016

Time and time again after I watch this movie i'm deeply moved and inspired. Disney got it right with this one. I may be a little biased having lived in Scotland for a time, but regardless I think this movie is so important for young girls and boys to watch (and even the older ones like myself). Not only is the mother-daughter relationship storyline moving, but to see a Disney Princess with such courage and heroism to stand up for her own morals and values despite what her society is telling her sends the most significant message to girls of our current generation! I could not recommend this more!

November 09, 2015

It's difficult for me to talk about this movie without getting a tear in my eye. For you see, I first watched this movie in the cinema in Canada, far away from the land it portrays and the accents ringing through the cinema hall. As Scot far from home I was so impressed with this movie. I'm not going to spoil the story too much, but suffice to say there is heavy focusing on the ladies in this movie. The mother-daughter relationship between Merida and her mum is not on good terms, not for lack of love, but more a difference in personality and the stubborness that comes to Scottish gals heavy at that certain age.

In a lot of ways, Merida reminded me of how I was when I was a teenager and that's a testament to the perfect portrayal of the Scottish spirit they've caught in this movie. There are plenty of funny, tongue in cheek moments, as there should be, we Scots have a great sense of humour! But there's also enough emotional depth in this movie to keep us adults interest. The beautiful eerieness of the magic parts throughout the movie are enhanced by a wonderful score, but it's really Merida herself who steals the show, for which one amongst us does not remember what it felt like to be young and headstrong when no-one could understand you?

The animation in Brave is top quality and Merida's glorious hair could only be described as breathtaking. When they were first making this film there was the suggestion that Reese Witherspoon would voice Merida, but thank goodness they came to their senses. I cannot tell you what a pleasure it is to have the screen populated with natural Scottish voices and I'm sure it was a treat for the American and Canadian audiences (judging by reactions to my own accent.)

I'm truly honored for you all to share this little slice of a fable about home with me and hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

April 10, 2015

This was animated incredibly well. Even just watching things like the way her hair moves shows how much attention they paid to detail.
    The story was cute. I also liked that they went for the accent - representation is important for all types of people!

July 23, 2014

My kids (and myself) love this movie! They were so excited to see a strong young girl figure everything out and choose her own path in life. Great family movie!

July 15, 2014

I love this movie and enjoy watching it with my youngest daughter. Princess Merida is determined to carve her own path in life. However her actions inadvertently cause her to stumble upon an eccentric and wise old woman who grants her an ill-fated wish. Merida is forced to discover the true meaning of bravery in order to reverse a curse before it's too late.

Pammywhammy845 has posted in the forum topic
    Shades Of Blue

Pammywhammy845 has posted in the forum topic
    Breakups and Revenge

fuggno added a new review for
    Softlips® Lip Balm

carlyporteous added a new review for
    Willy Wonka's Runts