Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Reviews

February 20, 2018

My whole family uses this

Everyone in my family uses this and nothing else.
    Love this product.
    Put it on at night and wake up in the morning with the dryness gone.
    I usually get bleeding lips and when I put this on it heals it all.

February 20, 2018

Very effective lip balm!

I've used many lip balms and this one is definitely effective. I have super dry lips and this product did work very effectively, the downside is the smell and texture. It's not the greatest smelling, but the quality and value are super for it's effectiveness.

1.8/5

January 30, 2018

Hate it

This is probably the worst tasting lip treatment I’ve ever tried. I couldn’t keep it on my lips long enough to see if it works. I’ll Never buy it again

1.5/5

January 25, 2018

The formula has been changed

This used to be my favourite lip balm, I had it stashed everywhere around my house and work, but a few years ago the formula drastically changed (at least in the version sold in Canada) The new version has the word "ORIGINAL" above the logo, and is a completely different texture and scent. Worse than that, though; it no longer works for me. The old version had staying power and kept my lips happy and moisturized, the new "original" formula feels kind of greasy, didn't stay on very long, and irritates my lips so badly that it took a week to stop hurting. I re-purchased it 3 times from different stores thinking I just hit a bad batch before I noticed it had actually been changed.

I happen to still have the packaging from an older purchase before the "ORIGINAL" appeared, and noticed that the ingredient list is slightly different:
    (1) There are a few ingredients missing from one or the other version
    (2) The quantities of the medicinal ingredients is no longer listed, so I'm curious if they've tweaked the amounts or even reduced them to a bare minimum
    (3) The order of some key ingredients is different; for example if they are following the standard of sorting the list by the amount of that ingredient in the product, lanolin used to be 2nd to last and is now listed as the 2nd ingredient

It's a shame, I had used this for over 30 years and I really miss it now

January 18, 2018

A Must Have

I can't recommend Carmex enough. Everyone should own Carmex, for it's extraordinarily effective in colder climates. It provides the right amount of protection for your lips and has a nice cooling effect.

November 14, 2017

Holy grail - if youre not using it, you should be

This stuff is a godsend. It's the only lip balm I've ever found that can keep up with my chapped, Canadian winter lips. Carmex keeps my lips soft and supple no matter the state they're in to start with! Plus, the tubes are cheap and they last quite a while; I've had one of mine for 6 months and I'm only just half through it. I couldn't recommend this product enough, if you're not using it, you should be.

November 06, 2017

This can really heal

I have been using Carmex for years. I suffer from severe chapped lips and especially when the weather gets cold, they get really bad. I have used other chapstick in the past but I always come back to Carmex. I have now passed this problem onto my daughter and when both of ours get really bad we reach for nothing other then Carmex Classic Lip Balm it helps heal and protect! It is not the best tasting so I don't use it every day but I do use it more often in the winter. During the warmer seasons we use something a little lighter but when winter time rolls around and I buy their 3 pack!

September 16, 2017

Comes in handy

For some reason my skin always gets really dry when the weather starts to change. My lips took center stage this season. Usually, I can put on any plain Jane chapstick and call it a day.
    But two months ago, I got sick. My lips were so dry and cracked. Everything that I tried to put on them just seemed to irritate them more. I finally remembered Carmex and rushed to the store to buy some. I got instant relief the moment I applied it to my lips. Now, I make sure I always have Carmex around.

September 15, 2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I tend to have really dry lips and I love this products!! I always repurchase it when it goes on sale because I would stick it in every bag I have so I would always have one to carry around. I love how moisturizing it is and helps my lips become super soft!!

August 31, 2017

Love the caramel scent

My dad used to use this as a kid and I always loved to use it. I still purchase it and it's extremely effective in keeping my lips moisturized, especially in the winter.