Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Reviews

2.8/5

June 20, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Not bad - for really Dry chapped lips

This carmex product lip balm is my favourite lip balm! It’s moisturizing and keep your lips very soft!! I feel like I

I used it during all winter in canada and is the best one that I used.

2.2/5

July 22, 2018

Will not re-purchase

This product was really disappointing. With the initial uses, I felt a slight burning sensation which I thought meant that the product should be working its magic on my lips. But it did not moisturize them at all. My lips still cracked and peeled and looked awful. The design of the tin can was also terrible. Eventually the product couldn't even be reached because the groove got too deep into the can that you ended up wasting the rest. Sadly even with this issue, I was glad to get rid of this. I will never lay my eyes on this lip balm ever again.

July 24, 2016

I was super excited to try this because I've heard wonderful things about it but sadly it just tastes too bad for me to like it enough. It does moisturize well, and helps heal chapped lips but it tastes like the grossest medicated, artificial cherry flavour ever! Too nasty for me

March 28, 2016

Carmex is the worst lip balm I have ever used. I swear it makes my lips drier every time I apply it. The smell is interesting but the consistency is tough and it does not spread easily on the lips.

August 12, 2014

This balm has a weird smell about it so I don't use it anymore.

2.7/5

April 17, 2014

I usually use lip balm when hiking to prevent chapped lips from breathing hard, especially in cold weather.
    I picked up a Carmex original lip balm on the fly from a grocery store on my way out for a hike in the fall.
    Mid way through my hike, i went to put it on but could barely get it out of the tube. I don't know if it's the amount of wax in the product or what, but it doesn't come out of the tube very well in cold weather. Maybe a stick format would of been better....ended up cutting the tube open later and using it for fire starter:(

February 28, 2014

I like this for how moisturizing this is, I hate it for how oily it feels. It leaves a nice glossy shine on your lips, but I've found that this is like lip gloss in that my hair gets stuck on it. I also am not fond of the menthol that it has... personally I feel like that dries up my lips. I will use this for photos when I want minimal effort and a natural looking gloss, but its not my everyday favourite.

July 25, 2012

I actually quite like how it moisturizes, but I don't like the menthol-like tingle. My skin is sensitive.