3.9/5
Clairol Natural Instincts Reviews
#261 in Hair Colour

Clairol Natural Instincts is a demi-permanent home hair colour designed to enhance your natural shade and gently blend up to 50% gray hair in just 10 minutes processing time.  Lasting up to 28 shampoos, the antioxidant-rich, ammonia-free formula leaves no visible root line as gradually washes away.

January 15, 2018

Still washing out color after 4 shampoos

I bought this brand because my usual brand was out of my shade. I really like the color it self, and the product. Its very easy to use and 10 minutes is a great time for effective coloring. After The 4th wash, my hair is leaving my towels dyed a red color. My usual brand has NEVER done that in the 10 + years I have been using it. I probably won't try this one again. I have to watch what I'm wearing now too, don't want to risk anything white going red especially if it rains......

2.2/5

January 03, 2018

no cover ups

Matched my natural hair colour perfectly, didn't cover the all few whites I have. Easy to use, didn't notice any shine or dryness to my hair. Lasted for less then a month.

1.5/5

October 16, 2017

I have been coloring my hair for years but never used a semi-permanent product before. As I received the Clairol Natural Instincts hair color via Bzzagent, I decided to try it.
    At first, didn’t notice any color changes in my hair, which was very disappointing. It also made my hair really dry.
    After 1 week my hair became a little lighter, probably duo the product fading away, but still didn’t reach the shade I was hoping for. In the end I did not get the color I wanted and had to expend money treating my hair for the dryness the Clairol Natural Instincts caused.
    My overall experience with this product was bad and discouraging and I will not use it again.

September 28, 2017

Been using this for years

I have used the same hair colour for years - Nutmeg. I used to be a hair stylist so I have a lot of hair stylist friends who, from time to time, try to convince me to let them colour my hair saying it will be the same colour I'm used to. Well, it never is. It's too red or not red enough or too mousy or doesn't cover grey enough (I'm having more grey hairs each year). It is inevitable that I always go back to using this colour because it's perfect. It makes my hair shiny, soft, silky, healthy looking, covers my grey and lasts long (actually longer than they claim).

1.5/5

August 09, 2017

Clairol Natural Instincts

Unfortunately I cannot recommend the Clairol Natural Instincts. It took me about 3 boxes to cover my hair and i probably could have used another. It didn't cover my current hair color at all even though i was trying to go darker, Not impressed

August 09, 2017

Love the colour

The Cinnaberry colour that I tried looks so good on my dark brown hair. This is easy to apply because even if you get it on your skin or your bathroom it washes off fairly easy. I left it on for ten minutes and the dye covered my few gray hairs. My hair was shiny and a little darker with red tones when it was all done. It seemed like it took a long time to get it rinsed out out though, and I wasn't sure if I rinsed out too much. I love that it's not permanent and washes out, and left my hair healthy looking.
    I received this product free in exchange for an honest review

2.8/5

March 29, 2017

So I will start off with saying I had never coloured my own hair before using Natural Instincts. I first got the colour 4W, Dark warm brown as per the recommendation of a young lady that worked at the Shoppers I was at. I have helped many friends and family colour their hair so I wasn't too worried about the process. It is pretty easy anyways. The smell was quite potent but I kind of expected that but the burning sensation that followed felt wasn't expected (didn't think that would happen with a demi-perm colour) but it wasn't a super long process so again that wasn't the deciding factor on whether I found the product effective or not. When all was said and done, my boyfriend looked at me and said; wow that's weird your hair is lighter (and the colour indicator appeared to be at least two shades darker than my hair). I read around that other people have experienced this before and that the correction was to just choose a darker shade. I got another package but have yet to try again. I'm giving my hair a break for now.

January 23, 2017

looking for a great hair dye that will effectively cover all of your grey hairs, look no further! I have tried tons of different product and this one is one of the best.

2.0/5

September 24, 2016

I got this in black may I just say this is probably the worst hair colour I have ever used. Pros the colour I do enjoy the shade of black that is about it that and I tried it for free lol. Cons its potent smelling for a natural product also it stings worse then most but it was such a pain in the butt to clean its the messiest hair colour I have ever dealt with and it was not thick going on so I should have figured it was going to be a horrific mess.

September 23, 2016

I was lucky enough to get to try Clairol Natural Instincts for free from BzzAgent #GotItFree and Clairol, and I admit when I first saw that it was to be put on damp hair, not wet, I did worry a bit, but I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. It did miss a few small grey hairs, but I loved the colour, and my hair felt so much softer than with other hair dyes, my guess is because there is no ammonia in it. I also love that I can change my hair colour every 28 washes without worrying that the old colour will mess up the new colour! I can change my hair colour faster than the seasons change with no worries! I do think that because it only lasts a short while, it should be less expensive than other hair dyes, but it seems to be around the same price.