Dove Derma+Care Scalp Dryness & Itch Relief Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Reviews

This all-in-one scalp care solution:
  • controls flakes
  • relieves irritation associated with dandruff
  • soothes itchy scalp
  • hydrates dry scalp
  • smooth, less frizzy hair

La solution tout-en-un en matière de soin du cuir chevelu:
  • contrôle les pellicules
  • soulage l'irritation associés aux pellicules
  • apaise le cuir chevelu qui démange
  • hydrate le cuir chevelu sec
  • pour des cheveux lisses et moins frisottés

You may also enjoy Dove Derma+Care Scalp Dryness & Itch Relief Conditioner

July 07, 2020

Great

Recently I have noticed that my scalp is extremely itchy and Flaky. I decided to try dove shampoo and it has helped a lot with the itchiness as well as it keeps my hair fresh and smelling great for days. Would absolutely recommend this to anybody that has similar problems

April 26, 2020

Dry itchy scalp no more!

Doves Derma + Care dryness and itch relief really works for itchy scalp. My dandruff has disappeared and my scalp is no longer tender at time. No matter if you suffer from dandruff or itchy flaky skin this is a great pair to add into your daily haircare routine. I can see and feel an immediate difference with hydration, irritation and frizz.
    The shampoo and conditioner are a thicker consistency than your typical off the shelf products. The shampoo is white and almost feels like a conditioner when you apply it to your hand. But when added to wet hair it really lathers up. The conditioner sure is hydrating. With my first use I used way too much, and ended up rinsing a lot longer. Typically I need quite a bit with other hair care brands to feel like my long hair is covered. With the dryness + itch I only needed a loonie size amount. When using the shampoo I start applying a loonie size amount to the roots to tip, and vice versa with the conditioner focusing on the ends working up to the roots. I always try to spend a couple minutes to give a good head massage to ensure the product has gotten everywhere and help stimulate hair growth. The package recommends using them at least twice a week for best results. I have used it 3 times a week with no problems.
    The smell is light and pleasant. Coconut and shea butter give a light natural smell that is not overwhelming at all. Both ingredients are very hydrating to my hair and scalp. The only active ingredient is in the shampoo with 1% Pyrithione Zinc. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial which helps to heal dandruff, psoriasis, and acne. Also a very important benefit is that it actually inhibits the growth of yeast which is what cases dandruff. So if you have a dry flaky scalp this is a wonderful gentle shampoo and conditioner that won't dry you hair out.
    The bottles are easy to identify in the shower which ones which. The shampoo opens at the top of the bottle and conditioner at the bottom. The lid is easy to open and completely frustration free! My biggest annoyance is when you can't get the bottles open, but these are great. It can be hard to read the labelling some sections have such a small print.
    I will definitely be buying these two again. It has really brought my scalp back to life. Less frizz and way more hydrating than other dandruff products I've tried. I love the scent and the design of the bottles.

March 20, 2020

It works

I started using this shampoo because I was told that anti dandruff shampoo helps strip colour from your hair. I dont believe it worked for that but definitely leaves my hair and scalp feeling cleaner.

February 19, 2020

Healed my irritated and itchy scalp

I have recently went through extreme hair loss due to vitamin deficiency. I have tried many expensive shampoos to help me stimulate hair growth, and it ended up in damaging my scalp. My scalp was extremely red, irritated, dry.
    I didn't have high hopes for this shampoo, but it did wonders for my scalp. I'm not itching anymore, my scalp doesn't look like it's been burnt.
    Highly highly recommend.

February 06, 2020

100 % works

This product has relieved my itchy dry scalp and my dandruff has completely stopped. I noticed within 3 days that my scalp no longer itched. I have returned to wearing black with confidence.

January 22, 2020

Awesome product

I just bought recently and I love it. I have thick hair and through the winter I get dandruff and itchy scalp. The shampoo works wonders. My hair is smooth and soft, which was a nice surprise. Try it you will love it.

1.0/5

January 14, 2020

Smells awful

Would not recommend. It didn't do anything for me and the smell was awful. I will not be purchasing this again. I was so incredibly disappointed with this shampoo.

December 14, 2019

Its great for einter dry scalp and dandruff

Its soooo soothing. I have very dry scalp in the winter and my head gets so itchy. Its instant relief once you put the shampoo in ur hair. I have always been a dove care costumer. The conditioner make ur hair so silky soft. I love it.

December 13, 2019

Great for my tricky hair

Great scent, I don't like strong fragrances and this has a nice warm scent that's not too overpowering.

It's really difficult for me to find a shampoo that doesn't weigh my hair down or dry it out and I found that this one gave it a nice balance.

Worked ok for flakes, one star off because it does make my scalp a tiny bit itchy but the majority of shampoos do (I think it's the preservative?).

Overall would re-purchase for the scent and balance!

July 18, 2019
    California, United States

My favorite itch Shampoo

This is like one of the itch Shampoo I will use. Since I wear clip in extensions, my scalp has been really itchy & getting a lot of dandruff. This shampoo definitely helps release my itch & doesn't dry my scalp even more.

Plus you can use it daily, even though I only wash my hair 2-3x a week. I love it! It's now the only one I'll use for my itchy scalp